My Weekend at The Oast House - National Trust

By Gem - 08:00:00


Last weekend I took the train to Herefordshire to spend the weekend with friends in the beautiful National Trust Oast House to celebrate Sarah's birthday. It's an eighteenth century house on the Brockhampton estate. It had plenty of character and a dresser full of cake and crisps so I was in heaven. Life has been pretty non stop recently due to buying a house and I couldn't wait to escape the city and kick back and 'just be' with some of my best friends. 


The weekend mainly consisted of eating cake, drinking wine, watching Sophie do some weird and wonderful charades and watching chick flicks. We did take a break from relaxing in the house to explore the Brockhampton estate. In the middle of the 1,700 acre site is the charming Lower Brockhampton manor house which is surrounded by a moat and it dates back to the late 14th century. It was a bit chilly so we didn't explore the woodlands in the area and headed back to the Oast house for more tea and cake because you can never have enough tea and cake. 








Why am I still blogging after five years? That would be because I get to spend my time with some of the best people on the planet that I met through blogging. Thank you to SarahMariaKatyRosieSophie, Char, Esther and Lucy for a marvellous weekend!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I live in Hertfordshire but I've never heard of this place. Eating cake sounds like my idea of heaven for a weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to visit this place :)
    The scenery looks beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It was such a beautiful house and so nice to just relax and eat too much cake. My favourite way to spend a weekend xx

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, this place looks amazing. I bet you had a lovely weekend away!

    Emma | EMMAMATTHEWS.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this place looks beautiful. Loving the pictures a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was SO lovely to see you!!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait for my house to be finished and you can all come and visit :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.