Festive party look - JD Williams/Joanna Hope Blurred Spot Jersey Dress

By Gem - 11:26:00

spotty black wrap dress JD Williams

Dress: c/o JD Williams - Necklace: gift from Sarah - Bag: old from Miss Selfridge

If I was going to design my ideal dress it would be sit just below the knee (why is everything so short now at the moment?), it would have sleeves and I wouldn't need to wear a slip under it to be more modest. This Joanna Hope dress ticks all my boxes, hurrah!  I love anything polka dot but this is a bit more sophisticated than my usual navy and white ditzy polka dot print of choice and I'd like to think the gathering on the side highlights my waist without the need to wear a belt. It's available in sizes 12-32 from JD Williams which is great news, nothing worse than finding a dress you like and finding out it only goes up to a size 14. JD Williams have got some lovely partywear this season, I've got my eye on a navy blue velvet dress from their collection.

I've been wearing this dress to work with flats but I'll be wearing it to end of term drinks paired with some heels and a clutch, it makes the perfect work to night out transition dress.



statement necklace

Both the necklace and clutch are old favourites that I've dug out to complete the look.


spotty wrap dress

I love this bag and it has been so well used. It can be a clutch or shoulder bag, very versatile and the neutral colours match most things.

This is a photo of a black and cream clutch bag

What will you be wearing for all your family occasions and Christmas parties this year?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Ohh love this. And agree, not a fan of short dresses, I don't have the legs for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous dress, it's so flattering and very chic. I love the bag too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still not too sure what I will wear, but I really love this dress. I agree, it's a great length which makes it look classy as well as comfortable. Looks great on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress and it suits you very well
    Miss Tulip x
    The Thrifty Magpies Nest

    ReplyDelete
  5. This look is SO elegant. You look fabulous and curvy and sexy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your festive party look. Wrap dresses are the best, my favourite! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this dress. Jersey wrap dresses are so flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This outfit looks fantastic on you! I really adore your necklace. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice necklace! well done ;) great pictures
    If you want come to visit the new post on my fashion blog, here: http://honeyandcotton.org/random-photo-instagram/
    Kiss from Italy.
    Nunù.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a great dress and it really suits you! By the way, I love your tree!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.