Catch Up

By Gem - 23:40:00

It's been pretty non stop recently and I've just not had the time to post about all the things I've been up to so this is going to be a bit of a round up post with highlights from the past few weeks.

First up are some snaps from the Christmas shopping night at St David’s. There were loads of great offers in store with up to 25% off and little treat stations where you could pick up some Pimms and churros throughout the night. I was invited along before the event kicked off to meet up with some other local bloggers and find out about what would be happening that night.

ST DAVID'S SHOPPING CENTRE, CARDIFF, 07/11/2013

Me, Leanne and Joanne.

ST DAVID'S SHOPPING CENTRE, CARDIFF, 07/11/2013

There were loads of shoppers at the late night event and we headed over to the Vivienne Westwood store later that evening to see the new collections which as a big Viv fan I was pretty excited about.

ST DAVID'S SHOPPING CENTRE, CARDIFF, 07/11/2013

I hosted a IN Thing night last week. I always want to try and do my bit and raise money for charity but running 10 miles or doing a sky dive is not my idea of fun so this suited me perfectly. The IN Thing is the perfect excuse to have that well-deserved girls night in and raise some money for charity at the same time.  You invite your friends over, get them to donate what they would have spent on a night out and join thousands of women staying in to help beat cancer sooner. Sounds good, right?
The campaign is running in November but there’s still time to get involved. Cancer Research UK have declared 30 November as Sofa Saturday – the best night of the year to stay in with the girls before the festive season truly takes over. Register before the end of November to get your free party pack.

DSC_0340

I did a raffle on the night with some beauty products and vouchers and people could donate to the charity over on JustGiving. 

DSC_0346

Ladbrokes kindly sent some 80s treats for my and my friends to share that night to celebrate the release of a new 80s themed game on their site. Me and the girls tucked into the retro sweets and sang along to some hits from the 80s. I had a fun night and managed to raise £50 for charity just by having a night in with the girls, so simple.

DSC_0341

Sookie wanted to be one of the girls and join in with the fun too which involved her jumping up and trying to sneakily steal some sausage rolls from the table. Little madame...

DSC_0354

I also popped up to Birmingham for the day last weekend to browse the Christmas market and do some Christmas shopping. The highlight of my day was visiting the new public library, it was a bit of a busman's holiday as I work in a library everyday but the building was wonderful. I loved all the study spaces facing out into the city, the striking architecture, the outdoor gardens where you had great views and the scale of it all. It's great to see money being spend on libraries in a time of austerity because communities really need them. 

IMG_3898

I was blown away by the book rotunda in the middle of the library, if you're ever in the city I can highly recommend a visit to this pretty special library.

IMG_3908

After all this and more (including a trip to London to see a play this weekend) I really can't wait for a quiet weekend and a good sleep. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It certainly looks like you've been busy recently! Aren't the shopping centers looking gorgeous with all their lights up, as do you all! x

    The Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun!
    Great photos from St David's :)
    I managed to raise £36 for my IN Thing after, such a good idea and a great way to raise money for charity. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.