My Week in Photos

By Gem - 13:22:00


1. I wore this on Monday to work and then I met up with some friends after work for some shopping. I got the top with my 40% Peacocks discount, I usually go mad when the 40% off offer comes around every few months but I already had all the dresses I liked from there!

 
2. My ballet outfit, I didn't get too dressed up because it was a modern ballet and I saw it down the Bay in Cardiff so it wasn't very formal. I got the dress from Evans last year, it makes a nice change from florals.

 
3-6. I saw the ballet in the Millennium centre which is one of the nicest buildings in Cardiff, I'm not usually a fan of modern architecture but I love that the building looks natural and the bands of different colour slate are beautiful. I'm such a Dr Who/Torchwood geek so I had to take a photo of the tower and the little memorial to Ianto and character that died in the last series of Torchwood. There are messages on the wall from New Zealand and America. RIP Ianto!

 
7. I really enjoyed the Scottish Ballet production of Alice and you can go and see the New Zealand Ballet when it comes to Cardiff for only £10 if you are under 26. It's something that I didn't think I would like but I really enjoyed it, it's good to do things a little different. The story of the ballet was a little tricky to follow because it was a mix of Alice in Wonderland and Through the looking glass. Alice in the ballet was a mix of the fictional Alice and the real life Alice- Alice Liddell. The ballet also drew on Lewis Carroll's interest in photography, Alice falls through a camera lens rather then a rabbit hole. The court executioner was the Jabberwock and stalked the stage with a cube on his head... it was all rather odd but splendid!
8. I bought a pair of denim shorts from New Look, I've never had a pair of shorts before! They aren't too sort which means I can wear them without tights in the summer to the beach or when I'm walking the dog.
Have you had a nice week?

Check out Where Are My Knees? at about 6pm tonight to see our weekly round up and there are also lots of great recipes on there for you to make something lovely to eat this afternoon.
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. Yay Torchwood! hehe c: I adore your dress in the second photo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ianto's shrine :___( how I miss it and the bay U_U

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work at the BBC and when Ianto died we received millions of packages filled with tea and coffee from people all over the world protesting! Love Torchwood! <3 x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah the shorts look nice! i have a pair from dotty p's but theyre too short to wear without tights :( glad you enjoyed the ballet lovely. id love to go! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shorts! I've got a pair, but they are starting to look really scruffy so I'm on the lookout for a new pair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was about 17 I used to wear denim shorts all the time. I'm doing them again twenty years later because I think they great.

    I always call Torchwood "Touchwood" after the shopping centre in Solihull. I do it everytime and the more I try not to, the more I do it.

    Caroline
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww it sounds like you had a lovely week :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Must watch ballet again. Glad you had a fab time.
    Hope you're having a good weekend.
    j❤Y

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on buying some shorts, nothing better than trying some new or different :D
    you look gorgeous in the top two photos

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that first outfit, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fab week Gem, I love the ballet xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey - new reader *waves* and coincidentally I went to the Alice ballet too (I have an obsession with all things Wonderland related, hence the name of my Etsy store - wonderlandboutique!) in the Bay, and it was just spectacular!

    Amy at Wonderland Boutique x.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that checked dress! i have never been to the ballet, but it is something i would like to do :) more so now that i've heard so much about alice from various bloggers - v glad you enjoyed it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have had a lovely week!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these outfits, you definitely look like you have lost a load of weight too, gorgeous! :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I'm off to see Alice this weekend - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.