Library Conference

By Gem - 12:16:00

Hiya guys! sorry about the lack of posts this week, I've been in Llandrindod Wells for my first ever library conference. I was having a bit of a panic about what to wear but I decided on something comfy and that wouldn't crease on the 2 hour journey to mid Wales. What do you think? I'm not a very smart person and I don't own anything suit like so this was my attempt at conference chic-


Dress: Peacocks by Design
Cardigan: H&M
Shoes: Primark
Earrings: ASOS
Bag: Urban Outfitters


Belt: New Look


I used my Urban Outfitters satchel which I don't use very often for work because I can't fit my lunch in it but it's the perfect shape for files and papers.

I went to the CILIP Cymru Welsh Libraries, Archives and Museums Conference and the theme was Survive and Thrive which is very apt because of all the difficulties that are facing libraries at the moment. My favourite talk of the day was Phil Bradley's  Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey Stuff; service development outside the Tardis. Who doesn't love a Dr Who themed presentation with pictures of David Tennant?

The hotel was lovely, I wish I could have stayed for the full conference but I was very lucky to get my free sponsored day place. Do you get to go any where nice for work?

Have you all had a nice week? It was actually quite nice for blogger to be down for a while, I didn't spent some time reading and updating my CV.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Hi

    Was wondering how you got into librarianship? I've always thought it sounded interesting! Would you recommend it?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @TolerateThis- I don't have an specific qualifications but I did a BA History at Cardiff University and when I graduated I go a job at my local library which was part time, I then did 2 weeks work experience in the Uni library which led to a job there. You just need GCSE'S to be a library assistant and possibly ECDL computer qualification but if you want to be a librarian you need to do Chartership or an MA in Library and Information studies.
    Helen at Afeitar did a great post on this - http://www.fatfrocks.com/

    Hope that helps :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I just linked to my own blog, here is the link - http://afeitar.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-i-became-librarian.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, thanks for the link, I'll go and check it out now :)

    I did English Lit at Cardiff so we've probably walked past each other! Unless I'm too old... which would be depressing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah this is lovely! the satchel is amazing!

    sharlxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw i tried that dress on and it look shit on me! it was really long and i felt like i was going to a wedding :( love it on you though, typical isn't it?! your work day out sounds fun, anything to do with hotels totally gets a thumbs up from me anyway haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the bag and in a reply to the comment on my blog, yes only 6.99! they do a few colours and patterns i'm deffo stocking up next time i'm at my nearest store!

    :)

    aroselikethis.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your satchel! That hotel also looks lovely, what a fun day! We don't get sent away with work to do many things like that any more as there's a spending freeze on but I do try and seize any opportunity - it's nice to get out of the office!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. More presentations should definitely have pictures of David Tennant. Well, it'd make me pay more attention anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're adorable. I just got back from a academic conference too. You should have a look at what I wore. www.curvycanadian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad you enjoyed the conference! I love your satchel too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love this outfit , you look so pretty xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.