Puppy Love - Monki blouse

By Gem - 11:44:00

Shirts can make me look a little bulky but I really couldn't resist this puppy print one from Monki. It fits perfectly, has a lovely silky feeling and was only £20. I've always been a bit hesitant about wearing shirts and blouses as a bigger woman, gaping is so annoying right? I've been sizing up and tucking them into skirts or wearing them under dresses so they don't drown me.

a picture of monki puppy blouse

Shirt: Monki
Skirt: New Look
Shoes: c/o Hotters
Necklace: Gift
Lipstick: Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Red Passion


a picture of a statement necklace

The lovely necklace was a gift from Sarah and I thought it worked well popping out under my collar with this outfit. I always wear quite small items of jewellery so I had fun wearing such a bold piece.


I thought the outfit looked a little sombre so I added a splash of colour with my new Maybelline lipstick. I can highly recommend the Super Stay 24 hour range. It stays in place, is easy to apply and has a lovely nourishing lip balm to seal the colour in.

a picture of red lipstick

The picture below is pretty much what I want to recreate this weekend. I plan on hanging out with Sookie as much as I can, catching up on The Bridge on iPlayer, making pancakes for breakfast and relaxing. Hope you all have something lovely planned.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. aw Sookie is just too cute <3 love the blouse, Monki always does seem pretty cool prints x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and what a bargain for the whole thing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this entire outfit and that shirt is so cute! :)
    I've got that skirt too and I never know what to pair it with. I've definitely got some inspiration now.

    Ellis Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. But how do you make your hair so SWISHY?! I love the blouse- the print is so cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here we go http://www.fatfrocks.com/2014/01/ghd-air-hair-tutorial-review.html :) bit of hair protector, straighteners and hair spray. Super easy xx

      Delete
  5. I have the same problem! It looks really good on you though, maybe I'll be brave and give it a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh major hair envy over here gem!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your picture, and i like more the picture with you cute dog, awesome stuff from you keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, your blouse is so cute. I always size up on blouses, just 'cause I love them roomy. Sookie looks a real sweetheart, love that pic of you two x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Babs that sounds like the perfect way to while away a weekend, hope you and Sookie had fun :)

    And you look lovely! I get a bit nervous about gappy shirts too but you look safe in this one ;) <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.