Bloggers Bake Club

By Gem - 12:32:00

At the end of January I attended the first Blogger Bake Club at Gwdihw in Cardiff and had a lovely afternoon. Who doesn't like a chat accompanied by a cup of tea and slice of cake? I'm going to try and persuade you to come to the next event because I think it's a great idea.

1499599_10151939694023061_2115537128_n

Amy (master baker) from Bonjour Cupcake organised the event and made the most wonderful carrot cake with meringue frosting. She chose a 'light/healthy' theme for the January club so we all had to think of ways to add fruit and reduce sugar but still make some tasty treats. I made some rather lame cherry oat bites because my baking skills are pretty poor and I also made some seeded brown bread and brought some light cheese for a savoury option.

DSC_0391

DSC_0393

All the bakes were so tasty, I ended up taking a little selection home for my family to try.

DSC_0394

Gwdihw was a great choice of venue as it's really informal and has a great selection of teas and coffees to go with the cake. All the bloggers who attended are lovely and talkative so if you're nervous about attending the bake club, please don't be. It was really relaxed and we would love to see a few more faces at the next event.

DSC_0408

I hope the wonderful Bake Club is a huge success in 2014 and beyond. Who's coming to the next one?! The theme for the event on the 22nd is 'French' so start practicing those Mille-feuille, macarons and tarte tatins.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hi Gemma!

    I'd really like to come along to next one and meet some new people :) Just realised that I live about an hour on the train from Cardiff (at uni in Gloucestershire) so will definitely keep my eyes peeled for the next event. What exactly happens at the meet ups? Would be nice to find out a little more :)

    Hailes<3
    Hailes Hearts Fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just chat, hang out and eat the cake that we made which is lovely, always worth keeping an eye on twitter for news of other meet ups which have more of a structure or itinerary. The bake clubs are very relaxed and informal. Would be lovely to see you at a future meet up x

      Delete
  2. I will make the March one! It has been typical that I can't make it so far, I am free for the February one but it is Spencer's birthday the day before so I won't have time to make anything. March will be the one! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.