Fat Frocks tries something new...

By Gem - 14:34:00

Sports Luxe and sporty chic is one of those trends that keeps on coming back most seasons and I never really know how to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Sport Luxe is a trend that has filtered down from many catwalks and I suppose the easiest way to incorporate it would be with some jersey items, sporty shoes, varsity jackets and lose fit t-shirts. I think I dress pretty formally for most occasions in a dress, smart shoes and a big handbag so trying a more casual and minimal look was a big shock for me and took me out of my comfort zone. The trend looks great on celebs but would it work for me?

IMG_3695

Top: ASOS
Skirt: New Look
Shoes: Nike Blazers c/o JD Sports

IMG_3683

I love my Nike Blazers but I'm thinking of pairing them with my grey jersey dress next.


Me looking like a lunatic...

IMG_3694

I will definitely be wearing this outfit again, it's perfect for lazy weekends and lounging around in. Next time I try the look I will try and mix in a bit of leather by wearing my old leather pleated skirt.

Are you a fan of the Sports Luxe trend? Any tips for incorporating it into my outfits?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I need a pair of Nike Blazers in my life!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these Nikes would also look fab with jeans and a leather jacket, they look great with the skirt too though!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, you look gorgeous & love the Nikes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you really suit it mrs! I reckon it's all about attitude - though you are always beautifully put together, I like sports luxe because it's really lazy haha. Maybe try and have a sports luxe touch, like neon? Or piping? Or high tops with EVERYTHING? <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! some colour, maybe one of those big necklaces with some neon on it x

      Delete
  5. Great shoes!!!
    Love
    Tabea

    http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit!
    I think those shoes are amazing!! I want a pair! :)
    Melissa | Lemonmel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.