Cook with M&S - Bonfire Night Feast

By Gem - 12:39:00

I headed down to Dorset with my boyfriend over the weekend and I was looking forward to using the kitchen and cooking some great food for both of us. It was a holiday though so I didn't want to be slaving over the stove all weekend so I made use of some time saving ingredients from M&S. ‘Cook With’ is a delicious range of inspiring, authentic ingredients, perfect for putting together delicious meals in minutes - just what I was looking for.

I wanted to make a nice winter warming dish and a tasty dessert so I decided to make a sausage tray bake and banoffee pie.

DSC_0205

I made the banoffee pie first so it would have time to cool in the fridge and oh boy, it tasted so good. I used a whole jar of salted caramel and a bar of chocolate to make this so I knew it was going to be amazing.

DSC_0246

I didn't have to bake a case or anything fiddly like that, it was a case of simply adding the toppings and a bit of mixing. To make the this banoffee pie which serves 10 (or a handful of greedy people) you will need:

1 large Cook With M&S sweet pastry case - 1 jar salted caramel sauce - 2 bananas -
1 tub mascarpone - 1 tbsp milk - 1 dessert spoon icing sugar - 100g Milk chocolate

banoffee pie PicMonkey Collage

To make it all you have to do is follow these four steps:

  1. Spoon the salted caramel into the base
  2. Add the sliced banana
  3. In a separate bowl mix the mascarpone with the milk and icing sugar, and spread on top of the banana mixture
  4. Grate or finely chop milk chocolate over the top, then serve.
Next up was the sausage tray bake, I loved this because there was only one pan to wash at the end and once it was in the oven I didn't really need to check up on it at all.

DSC_0263

To make the tray bake you will need:

500g butternut squash peeled and diced - 400g red onion and red pepper roughly chopped - 4tbsp olive oil - 1 pack of M&S traditional cumberland sausages -1 jar Cook With M&S fire roasted tomato & rosemary sauce

M&S sausage tray bake
  1. Preheat the oven to 200/Gas Mark 7 and then heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan and cook sausages until brown.
  2. Put butternut squash with tbsp oil in a large roasting dish and cook in the oven for 10 minutes
  3. Add the onions, peppers, sausages to the roasting dish.
  4. Mix in the sauce and cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
DSC_0261

Using the Cook With range meant I had plenty of time to play with sparklers, watch DVDs and relax that night. I think the sausage tray bake and banoffee pit would be great if you're having friends and family over this week and letting some fireworks off in your garden.

The tasty food was provided by M&S at St David's in Cardiff.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. That traybake is making my belly grumble!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my giddy aunt, that banoffee pie looks delicious!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tasty and easy to make, just what I like.

      Delete
  3. Such a good idea, it all looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow that all looks amazing! I saw these pastry trays in M&S the other day and was so tempted to buy it and you've persuaded me now! The pie you made looks DELICIOUS and I hate bananas haha
    xxx

    Nina from little nomad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was sooo good, it would taste nice with strawberries too :)

      Delete
  5. Everything looks sooo tasty and I will be grabbing myself a jar of that caramel sauce asap!

    Also, I LOVE your tshirt! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've never made banoffee pie with salted caramel before but it sounds amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dessert looks yummy!

    Kate from Clear the Way
    (I’m currently running a giveaway for some gorgeous jewelry, if you’re interested.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.