What's in a name?

By Gem - 11:20:00

I picked up this dress on the weekend when Dorothy Perkins had a 20% off sale (they always seem to have them don't they?) and I love it. It comes in all different colours so I had a hard time choosing but I thought the stripes were nice and summery/nautical. I love the shape on this dress, the neckline is very flattering and it fits very well. I may invest in another colour too as this dress is pretty versatile. The thick straps are great, I hate it when you can see my bra straps underneath which isn't classy at all.

IMG_2075

Please ignore the silly tan lines I got on my arms whilst cycling around Amsterdam, I spent Saturday in the garden trying to get rid of them to no avail. I have red arms and everything else is deathly white, sigh.

IMG_2077

Dress: Dorothy Perkins
Shoes: TUK c/o Spartoo
Belt: Primark
Necklace: mynamenecklace.co.uk

The necklace was a bit of a treat to myself as I've wanted one for ages. I used to wear my Tatty Devine one every day in uni until I snapped it and was devastated. This silver version is a little more grown up then my old pink plastic one and I'm not allergic to silver so yay, I can wear it all day. You can use GIFT or WELCOME for a 10% discount if you wanted to get one. I also bought one for a friend who lives in Australia and sent it via Parcelforce so it arrived in time for her birthday. I'm quite tempted to get a gold one with just my initial on too but that might be overkill as I wear my Daisy alpha ring with a G on every day.

IMG_2080

I'm currently worrying because I'm doing a presentation on Friday at a library event, I love talking but I hate public speaking. Luckily the talk is about blogging and how libraries can use it to engage with their users so I shouldn't go too far wrong. Do you have any tips for me? I've not really done anything like this before, lots or external people will be there and I'm scared.



*collaborative post

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. I hadn't even noticed your sun tan until you said, don't worry hehe! Good look in your pressi, I dunno about advice though... imagine them naked? That's quite a classic one isn't it? haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this dress on you.
    Good luck on Friday! I'm useless at public speaking so have no advice to offer I'm afraid.
    Just be yourself and you'll be fine.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a bad influence! I immediately hopped over to the DP website and bought the dress, and then the necklace!

    Good Luck on Friday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! the name necklace is a bit of a classic and it's silver so will last for years... I bought a eyeliner earlier after reading a review oopsie x

      Delete
  4. Ah the name necklace is cute! I just treated myself to one from kukee, love it :) Also in regards to public speaking, every time i've had to do it i always find myself rushing, so i guess just be confident in what you're talking about, and remember to breathe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I do tend to rush so good idea, slow it down. I have about 30 minutes to fill eek!

      Delete
  5. Lovely dress. Sorry we didn't have a chance to chat at #CILIPW13, it was so busy and my first week back in work. You'll be great on Friday, the main thing is to 'know your stuff' and you really do, I LOVE your blog. Enjoy presenting x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is super cute! It looks fantastic on you.

    I really don't like public speaking, but I have found that I tend to do my best when I:

    - Talk about something I know well, and
    - Don't over practice the speech! If I rehearse more than 3 or 4 times, I freak myself out and start stumbling over words.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet - I like that you teamed it with white slip-ons.

    It's actually quite strange because my necklace story is like yours but the other way around. I had a fine gold nameplate and it broke - I was gutted and still haven't gotten it fixed but then a friend bought me a pink Tatty Devine nameplate and I love it. :)

    Good luck with your presentation - I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute dress! And love the anchor shoes!
    DP's always seems to have an offer on.

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one of those necklaces from them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your presentation went well! Love this dress on you, I can;t get enough of stripes!


    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. DP dresses are always the best! And that necklace reminds me of my Alice one I bought when I was 16, I need to find it again xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.