It starts and ends with you - ASOS floral smock

By Gem - 01:46:00

This dress was a bit of a post holiday blues cure purchase, after nearly two weeks off work the prospect of returning to students in full swing exam madness was terrifying. The bright flowers on this dress certainly perked me up and I wore this to a library conference on Friday. I did wear it with a cardigan because if you work in a library a cardigan is practically uniform and I had to cover up the open back which makes it a tad sassy for daywear. I wore this with flat shoes but I can't wait to wear this with some heels on a night out and pair it with a bright clutch bag.



IMG_2047

Dress: ASOS
Necklace: River Island
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood by Melissa
Ring: Daisy

  IMG_2055

Love the open back, think it makes the dress a lot less ordinary. I wore it with a red bra because if you're going to see it then it may as well be a fun one right? I tried to look a little more put together and slick for my conference and stuck my favourite imPRESS nails on in a nice deep colour. I don't have a suit, blazer or a blouse that isn't leopard print so maybe it's time to invest in so adult clothes...

IMG_2065

Hope you all have a lovely Sunday, I'm going to spend the day sulking because Norway didn't win Eurovision, taking Sookie for a walk and watching my Les Mis DVD that I picked up yesterday.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I love the open back too - really pretty and the pattern is lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually anti open back but this isn't too exposed x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful dress =)

    heartattack-andwine.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Gem, I LOVE that everything you own is leopard-print ;) Bring your wardrobe and we can play dress up and go out on the town when you come and visittttt! <3 Claire @ Jazzpad p.s. you look beautiful, maybe one of my fave outfits of yours ever! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaw thanks!
      I love that a men who wear womens clothes are my style icons, Richey and Nicky Manics leopard love forever ;) Don't worry, going to be outside your new house in 10 mins with a suitcase, I'm moving in haha xx

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty and well put together look. The colours really compliment your skin tone!

    Beauty Baroness ☮♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dress is gorgeous and so flattering! I really need to invest in some more dresses, I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look bloody gorgeous here Gem, I love this dress on you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, me and my sister were rooting for norway too! Thoroughly enjoyed greece also :D After having watched the show, i can't get last years song out of my head 'euphoooooorrrria' ha X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALCOHOL IS FREE! I always look forward to Eurovision x

      Delete
  8. Seeing some lovely floral prints around blogland this week - wish the weather would perk up a bit to match! Your hair looks lovely here :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the floral dress, really beautiful!

    darlingsophie.blogspot.co.uk

    now following you on bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the floral print, it reminds me a little bit of CK roses xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.