#SWBXmas

By Gem - 19:30:00

On Sunday I attended the South West Bloggers Christmas Party at The Birdcage in Bristol. Not only was it a great opportunity to hang out with some of my favourite bloggers we also got to raise some money for Macmillan Cancer Support.

There was cake, a dog in a jumper, presents, live music and a quiz. Don't think I've ever been to such an action packed bloggers meet up, it really was great fun. Here are some of my highlights from the day:

#SWBXmas

My dress is from Topshop and I'm wearing my Daniel Wellington watch, Daisy Street boots and my nans ring.

There was so much to look at in the venue, it was such a pleasant place to hang out in. Lovely open space with great murals on the wall, some pretty light features and comfy sofas. Will definitely be heading here for more chocolate cake on my next visit to Bristol.

#SWBXmas 2

The lovely Lyzi read out some of the quiz questions, I was pretty rubbish at the quiz. I had no idea that ANTM has over 20+ different versions. We all got to take home a little parcel from underneath the Christmas tree, mine contained some lovely hair products.
Maria and Sarah's team won the quiz and collected their prizes which contained some Crown and Glory vouchers, lucky ladies! We were also treated to two great sets from local bands Jilk and Baskerville.

Photo of the day (nicked from Claire)

60900_10152367238025323_322810258_n

I Claire, I mean that. I was so excited to see Claire, I had a big smile on my face all day. I think Claire, Maria, Sarah, Rosie, Rai and all the other ladies should come and hang out with me in Wales every weekend.

It was my final blogging event of the year and the pefect way to round it all up. I've really made some lovely friends through blogging and if you're reading this and have never been to a meet up before I urge you to take the plunge. For those in the South West head to the facebook page South West Bloggers and get to know some bloggers in your area. W're all a friendly bunch, I promise.

All that's left to say is a big thank you to Lyzi, Bee, Gina and Hayley that put the event together. It really was wonderful.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Looks like you all had a great time! That chocolate cake looks a-mazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww look's like you had a lovely day! Don't worry I'm rubbish at quizzes to!

    Jodie xx | Future Freaks Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was such a fun day wasn't it? I'm so with you on the chocolate cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lovely!
    it was much busier than I thought, didn't even get to say hi! Hopefully next time :)

    XO Amie
    www.creditcrunchchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYYYYYYYYYY YOU! Oh Gem, you are my favourite :) I hope your christmas card has arrived, roll on 2013 when I'll be seeing much more of you I KNOW! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you and Claire look lovely! Seriously Gem I need to meet you one day, pretty please xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had such a great day :) Love your dress! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a lovely event, I wish I lived nearer!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was so sad to miss it, looks like you had a fab time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look really lovely in that dress. Looks like you had a great time, hanging out with all those cool ladies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeahhhhh it was so lovely to see you again on sunday gem. you looked fab in your sexy little dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you all had a fab time together, I love seeing everyone's photos from it!

    louisejoyb x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Was lovely to meet you again and such a fun party. Hoping there will be another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah it was so lovely to see you and you looked amazing! Can't wait to see more of you next year <3

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This def looks like my kinda meet up! Cake, tea, quiz, music and all in a brilliantly atmospheric location! Strangely, I went to high school with the violinist! xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.