Oasis Check Dress

By Gem - 10:57:00

I treated myself to this dress in Manchester a couple of months ago now and it has become one of my favourites. It's from Oasis and I don't normally shop there as the clothes tent to be a tad small and on the expensive side. However, I saw this in the window, tried it on and fell in love. They had a 20% off promotion at the time and even though the dress was still expensive I convinced myself I needed it.

I think this is the perfect dress for those days in work when I need to look smart, I wore this for an interview and I'm going to wear it again tomorrow with some lipstick and heels for an after work party. I love the leather detail on the waist and neckline and I can really feel that the dress is good quality and I love the lining underneath. 

IMG_0829

Dress: Oasis
Cardian: Primark
Watch: c/o Daniel Wellington
Shoes: Vivienne Westwood via UO

IMG_0830

As you can see from the top photo the house renovation is really coming along now, the wallpaper, flooring and lighting are all finished and the skirting board and staircase are being finished this week. I'm really looking forward to Christmas in a home that isn't covered in dust and one that doesn't have bare concrete floors. It's the simple things in life ey?

I bet you're all really busy this week, how have you been enjoying the festive period so far?

Also, I now have Instagram because I ditched my old broken phone and bought a new one wooo. You can find me on there by searching 'fatfrocks'. I also use tumblr (mainly Manics and Dr Who related stuff on there) which you can find here.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love how versatile the dress is! im the same with oasis, hardly ever go in there but i might take a look next time!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little dress and am pleased your house works coming along nicely :) its definitely the simple things on life :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely pattern, I'm quite into tartan at the minute and this is a more wearable version! I know what you mean about Oasis sizing- I rarely buy anything from there even though I regularly see stuff I like...

    Maddie

    Apostrophem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thats a lovely dress! and quite festive too! I agree about oasis sizing, i find it a bit small too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress Gem, it looks great in you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress, Oasis have so many nice things in that I want to buy! It looks really classic and perfect with the VW shoes :)

    Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is gorgeous!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello there, I found your website via Google even as looking for a
    similar matter, your web site got here up, it appears great.
    I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply become aware of your blog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative.
    I am gonna watch out for brussels. I'll appreciate if you proceed this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Here is my web site rid acne pimples

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute dress - I love a skater skirt x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look totally gorgeous Gem! I adore that dress, very grown up and such a classic to go back to. Investing in good quality always pays off in the long term so happy your home is nearing completion now, it's definitely a good thing and worth the wait! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this frock on you mrs! And of course any leather gets the thumbs up from me :D ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.