Reviews and October

By Gem - 19:15:00

Phew another manic week for me, it's lovely to be sitting down with a cup of tea! I wanted to share a few reviews of things I have been trying out recently. I don't do reviews often but I love all of these things so I wanted to rave about them

Browns - Cardiff

I went to Browns in Cardiff after a afternoon of traipsing around Cardiff with my friend Emma and helping her to spend her student loan. We wanted to go somewhere nice to rest our feet and grab a light bite to eat and we decided on Browns because I knew they did an afternoon tea.
The interior or Browns is lovely and much slicker than some chains, the perfect place to relax in the city centre. Emma and I shared an afternoon tea for two and it was only £10.95. For this price I wasn't expecting anything too special but it was lovely. We got a mixture of salmon and cucumber sandwiches, warm scones with clotted cream and jam and  a selection of cakes. Everything was very tasty and my only gripe was that they didn't have sweetener for my tea (why was I worrying about calories after eating clotted cream?)


I would highly recommend Browns to anyone who wanted somewhere to go in the city centre for afternoon tea. I really want to try the Hilton next. Anyone know anywhere else that does afternoon tea in Cardiff?

Here are the three products that I have fallen in love with recently-


The Frizz Ease 3 day straight spray is amazing, you spray it into damp hair, blow dry and style as normal and your hair stays sleek all day and until you wash it again. I love this product, it is light and doesn't make your hair greasy at all. I picked it up in Boots for about £6 and it is going to be something I use a lot. People have commented on my hair looking lovely with this product in so it is a winner.

I have used the Urban Decay Primer Potion before but I prefer the new packaging. The old design had an applicator which I think is unhygienic so I'm loving the makeover. I also bought the Complexion Primer which has a lovely consistency and sinks in to the skin really well. The make up sits on top nicely and it helps your make up to last a bit longer and spread evenly.


I'm really excited about my October, the South Wales Blogger Meet Up is on the 12th of October and I bought some name stickers for it, I loved the ones that we all had at the Birmingham Blogger Meet Up so I scoured eBay for them. I have no idea what to wear yet, got a feeling it will be a lovely day.


I'm also going to see the ballet, Britney and Patrick Wolf at the end of thus month. All in the same week! My tastes are rather varied aren't they?!


What have you been loving recently and what are you going to be doing in October?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. The three day straight is such a staple in my beauty thing now, it works so so well and I love how it doesn't make your hair feel heavy like some products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such an exiting month ahead of you :) what to wear for blogger meet is going around in my head too, really haven't got a clue!! Can't wait though :) Oh and Browns looks lovely!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Browns looks like a fab place for a bite to eat and a good chit chat! Those cakes look amazing! *Must remember diet!*

    I love the new UDPP packaging too! I even think it works better, it seems thicker to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a fab month ahead! I cannot wait for the meet! May have to get a new pair of jeans for the occasion :)

    Browns sounds lovely, I may have to visit it on my next shopping trip.

    Don't know about other places that do afternoon tea in Cardiff the The Angel in Abergavenny has a very good reputation for afternoon tea, they've won awards, best in Wales I think it was. We should have a blogger meet there over afternoon tea :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that place looks so lovely! is it weird that i'm drawn to the cucumber sandwiches? no idea what's in them but i have an urge for one now!

    cass x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your afternoon tea looks lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going for tea, I don't know many people I could actually say "hey, let's go for tea" who wouldn't giggle at me though. Speaking of that, a few years ago I went on a cruise with my Dad and Stepmom and my Dad had no reservations about going for tea with us.

    I have such a hard time with hair products because my hair is so fine and straight, now that it is so long it tangles when I do anything. Grr.

    I've been wanting to buy the primer potion from Urban Decay for awhile now and keep putting it back. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Park Plaza does Afternoon Tea too. I'm not sure what the price is, I think it's a little bit dearer than Browns but, we had some flyers dropped into where I work and I thought it sounded quite nice. I'd give them a try too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The afternoon tea looks lovely and a reasonable price too! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could eat Afternoon tea everyday, it is my favourite thing to do!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love tredegar house! I visited it earlier this year. What a lovely wedding venue!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Park Plaza does the best afternoon tea I've ever had. I went to a spa and champagne afternoon tea day there a few Fridays ago and everything was amazing. Brilliant service and brilliant food. Not overly fussed on the Hilton to be honest.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another vote for the Park Plaza. By far the best afternoon tea in Cardiff.
    http://www.lagunakitchenandbar.com/afternoon-tea.php
    Prices and details are on their website.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.