It's Britney Bitch

By Gem - 20:09:00

After a rather lovely evening at the Cosmo Blog Awards I was joined in London the next day by my brother and some friends and we all headed down to the O2 to see Britney Spears. Anyone who knows me or who follows me in twitter knows I'm a huge Britney fan, She's not my guilty pleasure, I don't care who knows! Team Brit 4 life etc etc...
I had already seen Britney twice before this but I was excited to see her perform songs off her new album. I've seen a few reviews in the press slating her performance but I thought she was great. I've seen other people like Katy Perry perform and they sing live and it sounds awful and they don't dance at all, just walk up and down the stage. Brit sang live on this tour and put on a really good show. 'LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE' haha... Highlights from the set were Toxic and Up and Down but I would love to see her perform Break the Ice which is my fave Britney song.

”Britney

My brothers badge
”Britney

I thought Britney looked amazing!
”Britney

I wore all Dorothy Perkins that night (I don't buy all my stuff from there honestly!) I got this dress in the 25% off sale and I love it, bargain for £22.
”lace,

I was rather exhausted after two late nights so I took my brother to the British Museum the next day for a stroll around. I can't believe that I've never been before, I always end up going to the V&A. Loved the Egyptian and Greek parts but I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that everything was just stolen from Egypt and Greece!



I went to the Laduree shop in Covent Garden before I got the coach home and splurged on a box of lovely macaroons and ate them all before I could take a photo, so lovely!

Carried on my lovely week by going to see the ballet on Saturday and Patrick Wolf last night. Can't remember the last time I had such a fun filled week.

Been to any amazing shows lately? I'm seeing Los Campesinos! next week but I've not got anything booked up after that, I'm on the lookout for things to see and do!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. your weekend was jam packed, I am due a big weekend I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet Britney puts on a great show, your photos are great looks like you were really close to the front! I love the colour of your dress, so pretty! I must remember to visit Laduree when I'm next in London! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an amazing time! I love Britney! I went twice to her last tour.. gutted I never ended up getting tickets for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had an amazing weekend, so jealous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress! I have to say I'm not a Britney fan, but I like the odd song. We saw Penn and Teller in Vegas in August, they put on a good show! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore britney too. I agree that she looks incredible I can't believe she has got so much stick lately. You look lovely too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww congrats on seeing Britney. I've never seen a show of hers. I liked one of her albums a lot but I'm not typically a pop music fan. I don't judge though <3

    Sounds like such a fabulous week! I really love going to museums. I agree it is a hard thing to think about when you realize a lot of things have been acquired for museums in shady ways.

    Mmm macaroons!

    I haven't been to any shows in a long time. I'd say well over a year.

    Happy Halloween and great dress, you look fierce!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous that you've seen Britney 3 times! I'd love to see her.

    missish.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Laduree in Covent Garden is lovely!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Britney AND Kitty! I'm so so jeal, but i'd be overly starstruck and embarrasing.
    Bring back crazy Britney

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok so I've just tweeted you about this, but all the same, Brit's still got it! LOVE that dress on you Gem, it's a gorgeous colour! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Gem, from Britney to Ballet! No wonder you're exhausted. Sounds like a fun-filled few days though, and although I've never really been a fan I'm glad to hear Britney put on a good show :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are super photos Gem! And how lovely do you look in that dress?! VERY LOVELY x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the fact you love Britney and rightly so, she’s an icon of our time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. so so so tired but I have finally recovered after taking a day off this week.
    I love it when DP have 25% off, I get things that I wouldn't normally buy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Britney looks fab! And I LOVE the British Museum, although there is a lot of controversy about how pieces were acquired, it is generally believed that Elgin may have prevented those pieces from being destroyed completely.., tis a very controversial topic though!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow cool. I am a closet britney fan. i litreally love her haha! that is so great that you got to see her live! man you looked totally gorgeous i love the scarf and that clutch. and oh me oh my that blue dress is just dralin! lovely blog aswell!

    xo
    A_Riot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.