April

By Gem - 13:28:00



Despite having a week off work in April I feel like it's been a very busy month. I've had a few lovely nights out for friends birthdays (see drunk picture above, don't know who that guy is!) and it was very busy in work because all students were paying fines and taking books out before they went away for the Easter hols.
I'm going on a course about blogs in the library profession soon which sounds rather exciting, I may start a blog charting my career progression and new developments in the field (yawn, only interesting to fellow library staff).

I'm very excited about moving and I took a few pictures of my new room so I could plan how I'm going to furnish and decorate it. As you can see it's very old lady at the moment and I can't wait to sand the floors and rip the paper off. My bedroom has a little bathroom in and I'm planning to have a little built in wardrobe, sooo much work to do!
I've been busy making mood boards and I've bought every home magazine available. I want a greyish lilac wall, with lots of cream and a hint of dusky pink a little bit like this. I've bought a little bit of bedding and a few other bits and bobs but I'm trying not to go too mad because I will have to move all the new things I buy. I'm going to get all the big pieces delivered to the new house instead.

April has been a tricky month for me diet wise. Bank holidays and birthdays are not easy when you're on a diet. Knowing that I have to do a weekly update on Where Are My Knees? means I didn't go a crazy as I could have on my nights out. On nights out I would normally drink lots of calorie filled cocktails and me and my friends would all visit the chippy on the way home but I switched to wine and skipped the end of the night take aways.
My losses this month have been a little slow but with over 24 lbs loss in total I'm starting to feel the benefits, I was a lot more confident on my nights out and I'm wearing different clothes. I'm usually completely covered up in leggings and cardigans but I went out in tights and bared my arms for the first time in years.  

I hope I continue to do well with my diet in May, I'm looking forward to my trip to Hay on Wye and Hereford and the ballet. Only 6 weeks left in work until I get all summer off!

What's been the highlight of your month?
xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Congratulations on your weight loss so far, its lovely that you are feeling more confident now. April has gone super quickly for me, loving the warmer weather though! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're doing so well with losing weight, you're inspiring me to try properly! the drunk photo made me laugh, i always end up with loads of photos of me + people i don't know! makes you wonder how it even happens?! funny though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've lost an amazing amount of weight.
    Your room is going to look fab, i can't wait to see it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss! My favourite part of April was my 5 year anniversary with my boyfriend yesterday :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations girly! I've been on some pretty amazing adventures, lots of sexy allergic reactions from fields and pretty photos that make everything better. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! You're doing so well with your weight loss! My highlight of the month was my niece just had her baby, so I'm now a great-aunt! Can't wait to see the new baby :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Gem, that's really good going, well done you! I don't know how you've found the self control over Easter. I didn't know you worked in a uni library - it's obvs not the science one as I've never spotted you in there. Can't wait to see you interior design efforts as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're doing so well with your weight loss so don't let a slow week slow you done. i've been terrible wiht my diet recently but as of tomorrow im going to try harder. hope you've had a lovely april =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys!
    I finish work at 2 today and I'm going in to town to look for more home things :) I'm getting really carried away. Diet has been a total distaster this week but I'm starting fresh today, best way to do it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great idea. keep up the good work. love the first row checked dress.

    Helen, X
    http://areyoudressingupordressingdown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.