A walk in the park with Pink Clove

By Gem - 08:00:00

bute park

Dress: c/o Pink Clove - Shoes: Spartoo - Belt: Dorothy Perkins - Bag: Vivienne Westwood

patent shoes


squirrel

Vivienne Westwood bag

Everyone needs a little black dress, right? The Little Black Dress has a lot of history but its impact really began to spread in 1926 after Coco Chanel published her little black dress design in American Vogue, effectively making it an iconic and versatile addition to every woman’s wardrobe. I've already got a few LBDs in my wardrobe but this one has a bardot neckline and I didn't have one of those... You can never have too many in my opinion. 

I've definitely got a lot of wear out of this dress, wearing it for work, shopping trips and a night at the theatre. I know I'm late to the whole bardot neckline trend that happened last year but I'm glad I caught on in the end. I'm even eyeing up this red dress from Pink Clove with the same neckline for Christmas parties which I've seen Rosie look amazing in over on her blog.

These photos were taken in the former grounds of Cardiff Castle, Bute Park. It is a grade-1 listed historic landscape and in 1947, the fifth Marquess of Bute gifted the park to the people of Cardiff, and it is now managed on behalf of the people by the Council. The park contains some rare and ornamental trees including some “Champion Trees” known to be the biggest examples of their species anywhere in the UK.

It was lovely to enjoy a afternoon out with a stroll in the park and a spot of tea and cake. I've been doing some extra shifts in work during the Rugby World Cup and I'll be glad when it is all over. Weather permitting I will be enjoying a rest day in Swansea as this post goes live and cycling to Mumbles.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Hello fellow Gemma :)
    I actually don't own a LBD, the closest I have is a little pewter leather dress...does that count.
    You are rocking the skater style by the way and those shoes are adorable!!

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Pink Clove and that dress has been in my watch list. I find LBDs to be my safe option when my brain isn't functioning and usually turn out to look my best lol You great!
    www.fattyboomtatty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a lovely LBD - it's the kind of thing you could wear to work, but then jazz it up a bit more for after-work cocktails with friends with a pair of heels and some statement jewelry. And don't get me started on how much I love that bag!!!!

    Erin Islandbell xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the perfect outfit to go for a walk in the park, you look lovely
    www.mybubbaandme.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.