Wedding Guest Style Challenge

By Gem - 08:00:00


Dress: c/o M&Co - Shoes: Mel - Bag: ASOS - Necklace: Jewel Street





Finding the perfect dress to wear as a guest to a wedding can be a nightmare. Finding something that makes you feel good, look great and is appropriate for the setting is trickier than you think. 
Before you start looking for a dress it is essential to give the invite a close inspection. Some couples have strict rules or want guests to tie in with a colour theme. Check to see if you will be outside for long stretches of time and take a jacket or umbrella if the forecast doesn't look good. Ask the bride, or one of her close friends, if you're unsure if they'd mind you wearing white. Some brides do, some don't.I think the most importance advice I can give is try the outfit on before you leave home if you're going to be getting ready in a hotel. Check that the outfit works and that you have the right underwear etc. If you're at a country wedding it's not going to be easy to pop out and find a strapless bra or a different bag on the day of the wedding.

This M&Co dress I'm wearing ticks all the right boxes for me. It's a shape I'm comfortable in, there are so many shift dresses around at the moment and they don't suit me at all. It's got the perfect summery print and colours and has a demure neckline and hemline so it's great for a church wedding. I won't be tugging and adjusting it all day because it fits like a glove. Attending a wedding can cost a fortune once you factor in hotels and transport but this wedding guest dress comes in at just under £50 and I already owned all the accessories I paired with it so it's great if you're on a budget. I've got a couple of weddings to go to this summer so I'll be wearing this dress and alternating it with the one I wore last year, I like to make sure I get plenty of wear from my dresses.


Do you have an top tips for what to wear if you've been invited to a wedding?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Such a pretty dress and great value for money, completely agree that going to a wedding can end up making you a bit skint - hotels also hike prices up for weddings don't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, i've got all this to do when I attend a mate's wedding this summer. it's mid August so i imagine it's going to be super warm.

    Buckets & Spades

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is lovely and reasonably priced, I want one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit, that dress is made for you!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No way is that dress from M&Co!! I would never have guessed!! It looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the dress so much! I've got so many weddings to go to this year I need all the inspiration I can get :) Love the shoes too :D x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.