Make Me Over

By Gem - 22:15:00


Dress: New Look - Sandals: New Look - Bag: Zatchels
Sunglasses: New Look - Bracelet: ASOS - Jacket: George





My wardrobe full of black, 60 denier tights and cardigans means I always struggle in summer. I have about two dresses I can wear if the temperature is over 20 degrees and my legs are a deathly blue/white because they never see a ray of sun. Clarity Travel Management challenged me to refresh my style and it couldn't have come at a better time. I'm off on holiday next week and needed a casual outfit for walks, sightseeing and eating out and something that will keep me cool in the Austrian sun (It's about 28 degrees there at the moment). Clarity TM very kindly sent me £50 of Love2Shop vouchers with the challenge to re-brand my style just like they rebranded themselves, they were previously Co-operative Travel Management. 

My first port of call for a summer outfit on a budget was New Look. The dress was £22.99 and is very light and cool. I may even pick it up in red too. I rarely buy anything strappy or midi length because I worry about my arms being exposed the length can be a bit unflattering. I chose the cork heeled sandals to give me some height and that made the dress length work really well. I've also worn this dress with some flat sandals and I've got over feeling short in midi dresses. I'm glad I bought a dress that was a bit out of my comfort zone, it wouldn't have been a challenge if I bought myself another floral skater dress would it? I added some items I already had to the outfit like my denim jacket and bag and I'm really pleased with the look. Much more casual and laid back then my normal style.

Are you going to add some summery items to your wardrobe, how would you re-brand yourself?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Great outfit! I am the absolute same in the summer - I wear a lot of black and I worry that my deathly pale legs will blind people if I wear a skirt. I really like that dress though and it would look lovely in red too. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit! I just take away layers for summer and live in maxi dresses!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dress and bracelet, they work beautifully together and you look lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha I'm the same, always 60 denier black tights or leggings! You look lovely though, rocking those bare legs!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they are so pale they blind people ;) xx

      Delete
  5. I know just what you mean - mine is also full of black all the time - need to introduce some happy summer prints. Love your dress and that bracelet

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great. A denim jacket adds a nice touch to an outfit x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.