Outfit post - Bardot stripes

By Gem - 16:17:00


Skirt: ASOS (old~) - Boots: Primark (old) - Top: New Look (currently in sale)
Necklace: Oh My Clumsy Heart - Ring: gift from my mother.






I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. I headed to Southampton on the train to visit a uni friend and have a Eurovision bash and I had my first pitcher of Pimms this year. Summer is coming! We got the flag bunting out, I made Euro flag cupcakes and we had a drink each time someone said ‘Good morning Australia’ or a song changed key.
I'm a bit disappointed Sweden won Eurovision, I was Team Latvia all the way (didn't mind Belgium and Lithuania too) Trip to Copenhagen next year anyone? I'm a bit of a Eurovision super fan and would love to attend the live show at some point. Who were you rooting for?

This is the outfit I wore yesterday for pottering about and heading out to the shops. I can't stop wearing this top, it's my new favourite item of clothing. I picked it up for just £6 in the New Look sale and it's going to get lots of wear this summer. I feel rather chic in a bardot neckline and the stripes are classic. Why did it take me so long to jump on last years trend? I might treat myself to a dress with the same neckline and pair it with some pretty sandals or ladylike heels on my Summer holiday this year. I’m also going to jump on the Spring/Summer denim trend a bit late and pick up a A-line skirt with buttons down the front and a knee length denim skirt from Esprit to pair with this top. I’m thinking it will be a good look for my holiday to Austria in just a few weeks time.


How did you spend the bank holiday weekend?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Ah this neckline looks so pretty on you Gem! Eeeeep about Austria - how exciting!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The neck line and the stripes are amazing, I just love the colour of skirt too. Just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit, the colors go really well together x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eurovision and Pimms - best way to spend an evening! Love this striped top - Breton is my summer fave print

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your whole outfit, I really want your boots and I love your ring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit, I love the bardot style on you xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Twit twoo, you look gorgeous here, I love the stripes!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.