Parklife

By Gem - 12:26:00

Just a brief post today to share some of my party photos with you from the weekend. I've been planning and looking forward to this 90s themed party for ages and I had a blast. Most of my favourite people were there and it got a bit carried away with all the decorations and ordered 100 glowsticks from eBay... The party was inspired by My Mad Fat Diary and its amazing soundtrack, if you haven't seen it yet you should catch up on E4. You will watch all six episodes in one go and end up laughing and crying at the same time.

I only took photos on my instax and a disposable camera so hopefully it will look like the party was actually in 1996 not 2013. I've not has a disposable camera since a school trip to France so I can't wait to see what they look like once they have been developed!

90s 1

542750_10100174155709597_1766410056_n

Me in my Fred Perry dress (£20 eBay bargain) trying to channel Damon Albarn.

90s party

Quiche, 90s collage, crazy streamers, Amy from (Bonjour Cupcake) dressed as Courtney Love and Hole music videos on the wall.

I spent ages making the perfect playlist for the party which you can listen to using the widget below. It starts of a bit r'n'b then moves from Britpop to grunge. Nothing says the 90s to me like Oasis - Supersonic and a bit of Suede.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. I absolutely loved My Mad Fat Diary, the soundtrack was so good!Great idea to photograph the party like that as well x

    www.theapriledit.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, I really miss the nineties. Your playlist is spot on. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gemma, this playlist is now the soundtrack to my afternoon. Thanks ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wayhey! I've not stopped listening to it for days. I will make a mid 00s indie one for us ;) xx

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome, I love the idea of a 90's themed party! You look great in your Fred Perry dress too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woop woop this looks like a great 90s party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like the BEST party ever! Proper My Mad Fat Diary inspired, I'm sure. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spent most of the night pretending to be Liam Gallagher after s few glasses of punch xx

      Delete
  7. That looks amazing! I own a fred perry that I love! proper 90s child :]xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love a bit of En Vogue! Look like you had a great time!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like the best party EVER, loving the playlist! I have been listening to a lot of Pulp recently and it is reminding me of you <3

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my god, this seriously looks SO amazing! I'd love a party like this and I totally approve of people dressing up as Courtney Love and having Hole on the soundtrack.

    Emily Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing party idea. I want to go to a 90s party! Looked awesome, and I love the idea of using disposable cameras.
    I've been listening to britpop in the car a lot recently, weirdly! Zeitgiest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not watched my mad fat diary - I'd meant to set it to record as well! I'll have to 4oD it lol.
    I love your idea of a 90s party - I'm a big britpop fan - and I was always more Blur than Oasis despite being a northerner lol

    Jenni x


    Bows Bangles & Bakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a Suede and Pulp kind of girl :) x

      Delete
  13. OMG I always feel like Damon Alburn when I wear my Fred Perry too, I def need to look out for some FP bargains on eBay too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Confidence is a preference for the habitual voyeur of what is known as PARKLIFE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.