Birmingham Blogger Meet Up - Part 1

By Gem - 19:57:00

I've just come back from the most amazing weekend in Birmingham. Claire  and Fritha organised a fantastic meet up, they must have worked really hard booking everything and co-ordinating so many people, thank you ladies!

I got the National Express from Cardiff to Birmingham yesterday morning and arrived at 1pm, a little flustered and ready to shop! I had my first experience of a blogger meet up on Wednesday in Cardiff so I wasn't too nervous about meeting so many new people. We all had handy name badges which was great because I'm awful with names and the huge yellow Mac C bags were fab because it was easy to spot the other blog girls in the shop and not get lost.

Here is a nice big group shot of all the girls that came, so many of us-


We met for coffee and we were given some lovely Max C and Miss Guided bags. (you can never have enough tote bags) We split in to two groups, some girls went vintage shopping and the rest of us hit Forever21 jewellery section and did some shopping in the bullring. We went for food in The Mailbox at a place called Red Peppers (I think). I had chicken and salad so I would have more points left over for drinks in the night ;) and had a nice cranberry cooler cocktail, yummy!


The meal provided a great chance to relax and chat with all the lovely girls that turned up, prizes were given out for challenges that people took part in and I got a lovely bag full of gifts because I had travelled the furthest to get to the meet which was such a sweet surprise. I was sat with the lovely Lily, Maria, Selina (who we nominated for best dresses of the day) and Hayley.


Here are some lovely things I brought home with me-

Picked this up along with loads of other things in Forever21, I wish there was a store in Cardiff! I loved all of the jewellery in there and could have spent a fortune. Bought a few pairs of earrings for about £2.40 each, bargain.


This was one of the gifts I got in my bag for travelling the furthest and I love it so much. It is silver which means I wont be allergic to it yaaay! I will be wearing this a lot I'm sure.


This is the bag that everything came in, it is a Tesco F&F bag, isn't it lovely? I will be perfect for nights out.


 A lovely handmade bracelet which I wore out in the evening part of the meet up, it's made from brass which again is good because I'm not allergic to it like I am with most jewellery.


My mam has got her eye on this one, hands off!


Florrie has some great pictures of everything that came in the gift bags that were handed out at the beginning of the day, if you want to take a look you can here.

If you are ever worried about going to a meet up just relax and go, I had the best time with people I have never met before and can't wait for another one. The day time meet up was so much fun but all the crazy stuff happened to the hardcore party animals who came out in the night ;)
Part 2 coming tomorrow...
xx




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

23 comments

  1. LOVE this!
    I'm now regretting pulling stupid faces in all of the group photos!
    Cannot wait until tomorrows post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amazing time! I've never gone to a meet-up because I don't know anyone and am petrified of so clearly being a loner, but I might have to go next time! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, it looks like you had such an awesome time! I love the bracelets :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha I see a little "me" splodge!
    Omg I love your way of thinking Gem, the though of a reunion excites me too much already!...exclamationing showing this.

    Really love the unicorn necklace, and very well deserved it was too :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I AM DREADING PART TWO. love the group shot even if i do look rather special in it, aha. and that tia bracelet is so lovely! yessss, i'm liking the sound of another meet up (although i should probably stay away from the wine and vodka...) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaagh, this makes me even more jealous haha! I was gonna go, when I had to cancel pretty last minute. fingers crossed for a next time!

    http://ramzandtheflock.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, there are so many of you! The goodie bag goodness looks amazing - what a lot of effort that must have gone into it all. Tres jel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks and sounds awesome, plus I love Birmingham, it's my home city.

    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this post, so jealous that I didn't go!
    It looks like a lot of effort went into organising it.
    Can't wait for part 2!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lord, what happened to my hair in that photo?
    It was such a good day! we should definitely do it again sometime! Everyone was so nice!! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so shoulda come! Looks awesome!

    http://lowri-armsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was SO SO lovely to meet you and you looked gorgeous, well deserved on the prize too :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Maria- aaaw thanks! I loved your playsuit (I voted for you as best dressed)

    @Hayley- I loved your hat, I have a cute photo of you in it. We should have a mini reunion before Christmas, do some shopping and have a pub lunch

    @Sirens and Bells- It wasn't scary at all after about 2 mins in. Everyone was so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a great time, and I'm in love with the unicorn necklace you won!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, wish I'd known about this! Looks fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha I look like a right div. Brilliant, and I bet I look even worse in the night pics, oh the internet rules :S I loved meeting you and now love you, just wish I hadn't thought you had all left and gone without saying bye! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is another reason i wish i lived in the uk!!! so jealous seeing so many fab bloggers in the one spot

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely to meet you on saturday, hope you had as much fun in the eve as the daytime part was :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looked and sounded like such a great day :) I'd love to go to a blogger meet up some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. It was great to meet you on Saturday. Shame we didn't get much time to chat. It was such a lovely day, with many gifts and freebies handed out, lucky us! Looks like you had a fab time on the night out, wish I had been able to stay for it. Definitely going to come for the reunion if we have one! x x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Can we do another Birmingham Blogger Meet Up? I've never been to one and this upsets me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I can't believe how long ago this was and yet it feels like no time at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.