Won't let the city destroy our love

By Gem - 20:32:00

Just thought I would do a brief post on what I've been reading, listening too and getting up to the past few weeks.
I kick started book club with my friends again and chose a nice easy read to start with- The Death and Life of Charlie St Cloud, I hope it's a good one that we can have a good debate about. I just finished reading Sixteen Shades of Crazy by Rachel Trezise and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It really summed up what it is like to live in a small valley town, bleak and boring! I saw a lot of myself and my surroundings in this book, you should give it a try.


This is my new favourite bag that I got on ebay for £20, it is HUGE and looks like it will last a long time. It does smell a bit funny though, wonder what it was stored with! I think I'm going to use this loads, I might even get it in another colour.


I had to have a tacky phone cover, I was going to go for something pink with Hello Kitty stuck on it but I saw this black one and thought people at work might take me more seriously with this one. Tacky but not too tacky?

My friend Chloe made my brothers birthday cake and it tasted so good. The base was a red velvet cake with white chocolate icing and the cupcake on top was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting mmmm!


These are the two albums that I haven't stopped playing recently. Patrick Wolf can do no wrong in my eyes and his latest album Lupercalia is perfection, The City is my summer anthem and he should have had a Mercury nomination for this.
The Miles Kane album was an impulse buy, I picked up the Nicki Minaj album which was in a 2 for £10 deal in HMV but didn't know what else to get. I took a gamble on the Miles Kane album, I was obsessed with the song Put Your Dukes Up John by a band he used to be in when I was about 18 so I hoped his solo work would be as good. It's a great album, real 60s feel and I think you can pick it up for about £4.99, bargain!



I went to a cpd23 meet up in Milgi last night, it was a great chance to chat to other people who work in libraries across Wales. I had a gorgeous lavender lemonade and relaxed in the yurt which is out at the back of Milgi. It's a fab place to visit if you are ever in Cardiff.


Have you got any good plans for the rest of the week?
I'm going to the Birmingham Bloggers Meet Up this weekend so if you're going say hello! xx

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. I really got into Patrick Wolf when his first couple of albums came out back in 2005ish. Absolutely loved it, find it odd that he's now on prime time radio but love his music!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that lemonade looks lovely! I didn't have time to go to the cpd23 meet up in the north west, didn't have time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy lady! Love the look of the cake, major cravings now. May have to stop off at Hummingbird Bakery tomorrow by accident...
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. im very jealous you're going to the birmingham bloggers meet! i couldnt afford it :(
    i love your phone cover ^_^
    i really want a new one, my old ones broke :(
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok FIRSTLY THAT CAKE WOW! sounds amazing omg. secondly JEL that you have book club with your friends!! thats so cute, wish i could join haha. and lastly i love the phone cover! bling but not TOO bling xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to love Patrick Wolf, around about when 'Accident and Emergency' came out - I think, must listen to his new album! And that bag is lovely! xx
    Sirens and Bells

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the phone cover - mine is gold leopard crystal, so no wonder no one takes me seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Helen- oh no, what a shame. Maybe you could organise one at the end of cpd23?

    @Rachael & Sirens and Bells- the album gets better with every listen. I adore him :)

    @Klee- you should ask your local library if they would supply you with multiple copies of books and start your own club :) it really is a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO excited to meet you at last chicken! Love photo diaries of sorts like this, that cake looks scrummy, intrigued to know how long it took you?! ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  10. bag is fantastic !

    kisses,
    Klaudia B.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cake!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am on the lookout for a new day bag, of good size and quality and function of course. I love the tan colour of yours Gem xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. We go to two book groups in Cardiff, it's fun :) @CardiffRead is on in Chapter every month if you fancy coming to that one too? A few of the girls from @cdfblogs are regulars too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous bag! and that cupcake's making me hungry!
    Julia @ Retro Jules

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.