Summer Holiday Trends

By Gem - 21:10:00


Sunglasses: Ray Bay - Swimsuit: Curvy Kate - Sandals: Clarks
Dress: Lindy Bop - Shoes - Swedish Hasbeens (available here)
Hat: h&m - Dress: New Look Curve - Bag: h&m

Sunnier times are on their way, and there’s definitely a slew of new summer fashion trends to go along with it. I'm currently counting down the days until I head off to Austria to celebrate Martyn's 40th birthday in Zell am See and I've been picking up some new bits and bobs to wear whilst we are there. Without really thinking about it most of my picks are pretty on trend and my suitcase is filling up with some stylish items.

During the house move I've managed to lose my swimming costume, it's probably in a box in the attic somewhere but I've had to buy a new one. It's definitely an exciting year as a lot of new swimwear-only brands popped up this year. In the end, I opted for a neon pink/coral swimsuit from Curvy Kate which incorporates both the neon and crochet beach trends that feature in all the festival and beachwear ranges this year. I'll be paring my swimsuit with some chunky sandals and classic wayfarers when I'm lounging next to Lake Zell. Kenzo and Burberry summer collections both feature chunky sandals this year but I've got a budget friendly and comfy pair from Clarks. 

As soon as I saw the Venice print swing dress I knew I had top have it. I'll wear it on holiday but this won't get stored away with the rest of my holiday clothes when I get home as I'll be paring this with a cardigan for work or with my patent red pumps for weekends away with friends. This dress isn't really on trend but 50s style never rely goes out of fashion. 

My final outfit is going to be perfect for a post dinner evening stroll when we are on holiday or on the days when we go and visit cities nearby. The utility trend is is all over the high street at the moment and is a little more stripped back and minimal than my normal look. I prefer not to be overly fussy when I'm on holiday and the temperatures can reach about 27/28 degrees so this light dress will be prefect. I picked up the khaki shirt dress from New Look Curves but I've seen some great ones in River Island too.

Are you heading off on a summer holiday this year? If so, what will you be packing? 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I love the crochet beach wear trend but haven't been sure how to wear it but I love that swimsuit its so lovely :-)

    Teri-May xx
    Www.acupoft.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that swimming costume! I really like the Clarks sandals, too - always good to find a more budget-friendly option and Clarks shoes are always fab quality! Have a lovely holiday <3

    Jess xo | The Indigo Hours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally love this selection, especially the swimsuit: really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Venice print dress is beautiful! I almost always go for that shape of dress as they suit me the most and are way more flattering on me than tighter/fitted ones. I might have known it was from Lindy Bop, I like pretty much all their dresses! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is SO CUTE! I've been lusting at Lindy Bop for ages, maybe I should actually get around to buying something!

    Milly | Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  6. The swimsuit and the dress are the winners for me! How gorgeous are they? Now all I need is the confidence to wear bright colours!

    http://sarbthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn, there goes what little I had of my paycheck on that gorgeous dress! Although I'm a little concerned about fit, dresses that shape don't always manage to squeeze over my enormo-boobs. Love the swimming costume too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.