Surprise date night - Nash Point

By Gem - 17:47:00

We had such lovely weather for most of last week so Martyn thought he would make the most of it and picked me up after work on Friday for a surprise date. He packed a little picnic and took me to one of my favourite spots. We went to Nash Point on one of our first dates and it's such a beautiful place on the Welsh coast so I was more than happy to return.

A picture of Nash Point lighthouse in Wales

I picked up my picnic basket in BHS a couple of weeks ago and you can get one for about £25.

picnic


a picture of sheep


Nash Point is a picturesque headland along the coastline of the Vale of Glamorgan and has cliffs of limestone. This was the last manned lighthouse in Wales (it became automated in 1998), and is now open to the public. Only about 10 in the UK open up to visitors. It is a popular location for ramblers and hiking along the cliffs to Llantwit Major beach. I hope I will head back in the summer to take advantage of the coastal path. 


Surprise date means pale face with no blusher, sorry 'bout that. 


A picture of Nash Point lighthouse in Wales

Nash Point is the perfect spot to sit back with someone you care for and watch the sun set. 

A picture of Nash Point lighthouse in Wales


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. What a gorgeous place to view a sunset - can't ever go wrong with visiting a lighthouse. Also super cute sheep eyeing up your picnic there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outing! And a good fella to be with too. And you still look pretty without blush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nash Point looks gorgeous and it's lovely to see you two so happy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise! Looks so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunset by the lighthouse is devine. Also loving the old fashion picnic basket. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How romantic and a beautiful place to picnic too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You would never believe that is right on my doorstep. Sometimes take for granted how nice local surroundings can be.
    Love your picnic basket too x

    www.brileypowell.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awr how sweet of him, I've just been telling Spencer saying he never does anything like that haha!
    I've never been to Nash Point, will have to soon though as it looks beautiful.
    "Surprise date means pale face with no blusher, sorry 'bout that." yet you still look amazing! x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Nash point - such a perfect place to go down the Vale for an evening. Really like your picnic basket - I need to pick one of these up for summer

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.