ghd

ghd air - Hair tutorial & review

By Gem - 17:24:00

I bought my old hair dryer because it was cheap and I liked the colour which resulted in me spending forever trying to dry my hair and ending up with a slightly frizzy result. I've got naturally wavy, thick and coarse hair so I was looking forward to trying out the ghd air which promises 'gorgeous hair in half the time' 

a picture of GHD Air hairdryer

The ghd air boasts a 'powerful 2,100W professional-strength motor and patented removable air filter deliver high pressure air flow for super-fast drying, while advanced ionic technology reduces frizz and flyaways to give a smooth salon-style finish in half the time' sounds good, right? The ghd air certainly cut down the time it takes to dry my hair and by using exactly the same products as normal I achieved a slicker result. The variable power and temperature controls and choice of nozzles allows you to achieve a variety if looks and the cool shot button helps to lock the finished style and add shine. 
Another bonus for me is a 3m long power cable that means I can do my hair in front of the mirror and move around as I use it. 

The ghd website has plenty of hair style inspiration if you're looking for a party hairstyle or something for a special occasion like a wedding or prom. I tried out the side sweeper look using my hair dryer and this is how I created the look:

a picture of GHD Air hairdryer hair tutorial waves

  1. The first step is to spray your towel dried hair with heat protector spray
  2. Roughly dry hair until it's about 70% dry
  3. Blow dry hair with brush
  4. Pin top section of hair up and curl the bottom with either straighteners or a wand styler. If you're using straighteners take a small section of hair and place the straighteners towards the root of your hair. With your other hand, wrap the section of hair once around the iron and slowly drag the iron through your hair.
  5. Continue to curl all of your hair from the bottom to the stop
  6. Run your fingers through the curls to break them up for a more natural look and apply plenty of hairspray so the curls don't drop. 
I'm going to practice my blow drying with my new hairdryer but if you want to get that perfect bouncy blow dry look then take a look at this ghd video:



*The hairdryer was provided by ghd and the styler kit currently retails for £95

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Love the look of this, your hair looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely! x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful hair style .I am sure the hairdryer is super I have the ghd straighteners its a good make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly suck at styling my hair it just doesn't stay - but I really want to give this a try now it looks fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it, it was easy and quick to do :)

      Delete
  5. I love GHD straighteners I couldn't live without them! & I am in need of a new hairdryer. Love your hair style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks wonderful, I really couldn't survive without GHD :)

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. your hair looks gorgeous curled up like that gem! next time my hairdryer breaks i think i'll definitely go for a ghd one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it takes so much less time than my babyliss one!

      Delete
  8. Ohh your hair looks stunning! I think I'll be needing to upgrade my hairdryer very soon so I'll keep this one in mind for sure!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been eyeing up those hairdryers - my hair gets so frizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks lush here, I love it all curly!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Nice Blog i must say. In order to get stylish look you should use a good Hair Dryer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks amazing Gem! I definitely need to invest in a good hairdryer, my last one exploded!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.