A picture is worth a thousand words

By Gem - 11:06:00

I'm so very glad that I started this blog for many reasons some of which include making some amazing friends, I've been lucky enough to attend some fun events and I feel like I'm part of a community. I'm also really happy that I started a blog because for the past three years I've been taking photos of pretty much every aspect of my life in a way I never had before. I've probably taken more photos since starting this blog than I have in the rest of my life put together. I've always got a camera in my bag now ready to snap that fun moment or beautiful sight so I can relive them over again.

I can't claim to know anything about photography so if you're on the lookout for tips I would pop over to this post but what I do have is curiosity and enthusiasm and I'm learning what I like and don't like in regards to photos with each post I write on this blog.

Here are a selection of my favourite photos that I have taken on my different cameras:

  IMG_2312

Sookie playing in Abercarn  - Canon PowerShot

love locks

Paris Love Locks - Canon PowerShot

IMG_1925

Amsterdam - Canon PowerShot

1003506_10100241208455357_1696521736_n

Metros - Disposable Camera

66743_10100241208450367_1499523699_n

Gatekeeper pub with Sophie and Emma - Disposable Camera

65521_10100176008182227_264691799_n


Sookie looking pretty - Disposable Camera 


scan 1 instax

Various photos  - Fijifilm Instax Mini

What you can see from my photos is that I really don't know much about lighting, composition or uum anything really. I enjoy taking photos but I really want to learn more and would love to attend a night class or a course in photography at Middlesex University. There's only so much you can learn from blog posts on the topic and i would love to get stuck in and learn from people who really know what they are doing.

When asked what possessions people would rescue from their burning house, one of the most frequent answers is a photograph album or a computer with their photo collection. It's interesting that we chose to save photos over valuable items like jewellery. We have a powerful urge to capture our precious moments in the form of images and keep them safe.

What photo means the world to you?

*collaborative post, but all of us bloggers like taking photos don't we? (especially of our food to put on instagram)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I really miss printing off my photos, there's nothing better than looking through old photo albums!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that I put pics on Facebook before saving them anywhere and the other day I went back and put them all in a very organised filing system on my external hard drive. I don't take as many pics now I'm not at uni, but I'm trying to do it more and more!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just showed Liam this pic of Sookie and he agreed, she's so lovely :) always smile at your snaps Gemma! It makes me miss my colorsplash though, even though it was expensive to process <3 Claire at Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.