Winter Walk with Jones Bootmaker - Beechwood Park

By Gem - 21:53:00


I decided to make the most of my day off and head out for some fresh (but chilly) air. I went to my local park which is only a 5 minutes walk from my house. Beechwood Park has a tennis court, bowls lawn and some rather lovely views of the Transporter bridge and the Bristol Channel. 
Beechwood House (pictured above), a Grade II listed building, was built in 1877-78 as the private residence of George Fothergill, a tobacco manufacturer and former Mayor of Newport and the 30 acre park originally formed the private grounds. In 1900, Newport Borough Council bought Beechwood House and the grounds were opened up as a public park. During the World War I, the house was used as a convalescent home. Beechwood House was occupied by American forces during World War II and then had a number of uses including a hospital for the treatment of tuberculosis, an open air school and a model railway club. Pretty interesting, ey?




Hat: River Island - Dress: Matalan - Coat: F&F - Scarf: New Look - Boots: Jones

It was soooo cold when I headed out for a walk. My look was more cosy than high fashion as I donned my duffle coat, beanie hat and scarf. I was looking for a pair of leather ankle boots as my winter boots of choice this year but opted for this pair of suede look ones instead. These ones from Jones Bootmaker have have a pre worn look which meant I didn't mind getting a bit of mud on them in the park and the felt like a trusty old pair of boots the moment I slipped them on. they are comfortable and warm which make them perfect for a walk.


Have you been out for a winter walks recently?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love Wintery accessories but shoes always let me down. Your boots look mega comfy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely park, I've never been to that one! I have a pair of boots from Jones, they're amazing quality and have lasted years and years. Wish I'd bought them in other colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been here before but it looks really nice, I'll have to see if its National Trust!

    Grace xxx

    www.gracebee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't been for a long winter walk in ages! I really need to go again soon for long walks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw your park looks amazing we have something similar and I think because we see it daily we take it for granted

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beechwood Park looks beautiful. I love winter walks, getting things off my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of good old Jones - they have excellent sales, too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow I have never heard of this place but it's actually not that far from us now and need to explore this area more. I love the boots by the way :)

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was soooo cold when I headed out for a walk http://hbcbet-id.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.