Farewell 2015... Hello Future

By Gem - 23:36:00




The 2012 single girl, party all the time version of me would never have guessed that 2015 was the year that I would start viewing houses and taking the big steps to owning my own home. I would also never have guessed that I would now be engaged and not living at home with my mum and dog. It still baffles me that someone wants to live with me and I'm their 'forever' person. Very odd.

2015 has been pretty mixed, I made the huge step to leave the world of the library and information sector which I had worked in since university and have moved to the transport sector. Some days I miss my old team and long for the familiar and reassuring tasks my old job involved. My new team have been welcoming and fun and the railway industry throws new challenges at you every day with signal failures and extreme weather halting services. No day is the same and I'm glad that I challenged myself and moved to an entirely new sector but it can be really tough.

I've been on some wonderful trips to Austria, Aberporth and York, close friends have had beautiful babies and I can't wait to see what fun 2016 brings. I have to admit it is pretty exciting and daunting to know that being a wife and homeowner is on the cards. I'm suddenly feeling very grown up and a little sorry for Martyn, does he know what he's signed himself up for?

I think I've got a year of pinning home interior inspiration and wedding planning ahead of me. Happy New Year everyone! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Your new year sounds so exciting, and your 2015 sounded pretty great; a new job and an engagement! Congrats lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, it's not odd at all. Congratulations!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can sympathise with the career change feelings - I took a complete 180 at the end of 2015 and left a job I'd been in for ten years. But it's definitely a positive thing to shake things up once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, it sounds like you've had a great year and it's really exciting that you've got a marriage and a mortgage on the cards :) I'm getting married this year and it does feel very weird when I actually stop and think about it!

    Liz x
    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all so adult, right? Very scary eeek x

      Delete
  5. Can't wait to see what you get up to in 2016! Hopefully lots of fun trips and gossiping will be involved! ;)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there.Congratulations!!!! from Canada! I have been busy with trying to sell crochet stuff on Etsy.com and haven't kept up with anyone's blogs. So sorry. You are so beautiful and your guy will be very happy to be your 'forever' mate. Happy days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb, really excited about 2016 :) x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.