Misssing my friends - Farewell Oonagh

By Gem - 12:43:00

2015 is going to be a year where I miss a lot of my friends and wont be seeing them for at least 9 months. All my friends seem to be taking off, going away with out me and having lots of fun adventures (not sounding bitter at all am I?...). I've chosen to settle down and save for a house and they have chosen to explore and make the most of their time on this planet. I've seen a lot of the world but I'm a girl who likes her home comforts and needs to be secure. Meg and Eliot are in Thailand and you can read their blog here and my other friends Jack and Dan are making their way to Australia via South East Asia and you can read all about their experiences here.

The latest of my group of friends to depart grey Britain for a warmer climate is Oonagh who flew to New Zealand yesterday to spend a year there for university. I'm used to having farewell parties for Oonagh because she's always doing something terribly exciting like moving to Amsterdam or going on arctic expeditions. Oonagh is much braver than me, I managed 10 weeks in New Zealand in 2009 before wanting to come home. There's no place like the Valleys ey?

We said goodbye to her in the traditional way which is a big party ather dads house with loads of cake, produce from their small holding and tasty homemade elderflower wine.


This is a picture of New Zealand Cake
This is a photo of a country kitchen with lots of food

So.Much.Food. We had some lovely cakes, pies and salad which I washed down with plenty of spiced rum.

This is a photo of sparklers spelling out Oonagh

Having swing dance lessons and dancing the night away.


A final word to my friends, next time you have the time of your life in far off lands please go somewhere were I can get a return flight for under £300 so I can come and join you for a couple weeks ;) I love you, stay safe and have a bloody good time.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Such a lovely farewell post, although it won't be forever and WHAT A FEAST oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow what a fantastic feast of delicious looking foods , great post x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, what a lovely party though and I bet the time will fly by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sparkler photo, you sure do know how to throw a party!

    Your friends will be back before you know it.

    I sometimes wonder about my choices when I see my friends going on all these exotic breaks but then I look at everything I have achieved (my own home, married and a baby on the way) and realise that I made the right choices for me.

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah how exciting for your friends - I'm sure you will be able to stay in touch vis the internet and they'll be back before you know xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at all that food theres so much to eat. Looks like it was a good night x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chocolate cake in the first picture looks SERIOUSLY amazing!!!!

    Georgina
    Mummy Pixie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.