Sea Within A Sea

By Gem - 10:10:00

When all the students go home for Summer the library gets pretty quiet and I get to take my leave. I like to spend some days with my dog Sookie and having a long lie in but the past few weeks I've been trying to get into the outdoors a bit more and explore Wales a little. I went to Monmouthshire a few weeks ago, Brecon this weekend and here to Rest Bay earlier this week.

I tried to be a little nautical for my trip to the seaside so I wore the latest addition to my Fred Perry collection, this stripy t-shirt.

  IMG_3129

Skirt: New Look
Shoes: Champion cvo basic Keds c/o Spartoo
T-shirt: Fred Perry
Sunglasses: River Island
Necklace: Primark

IMG_3138

I played some Frisbee on the beach (I was awful) and went for a paddle in the freezing Welsh waters and had a lovely, relaxing day. Note to self, white shoes and tights are not ideal when playing Frisbee on a beach, really should wear some more practical flip flops next time... I always forget that I'm so close to the coast and really need to make the effort to come here more often. Rest Bay is a rather nice Blue Flag beach and it's pretty good for surfing apparently and I really want to have some surf lessons next Summer. I really need to invest in some swimming and surf gear, I went swimming in the sea in my school swimming costume that is over 10 years old and a baggy t-shirt this year...

IMG_3130

I enlisted my mate to take some photos who found it all very funny and told me to do my tea pot blog pose, cheeky.

IMG_3132

The title of this post was inspired by this Horrors song which I first heard on 95bFM in New Zealand, overlooking Bucklands Beach.


Have you got any recommendations for places in the South West and Wales for me to explore?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I loved Brecon, those secret waterfalls are amazing!! You look lovely, I'd love to work in a library. Books galore and quiet, bliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gem, we are SO lucky to have beautiful places within such a short distance! Depends what kind of places you're after, do you like walking or just pottering about??

    P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. little bit of both :) so handy being close to the city, country and the sea x

      Delete
    2. Ok, for rambling country walks with nice pubs at the end - Vale of Glamorgan. Find the 'Valeways' website for free leaflets to download.
      For pottering around and a bit of afternoon tea, I'd go to Abergavenny in Monmouthshire.

      Happy exploring!
      P x

      Delete
  3. Ah I wish I lived close to a beach that didn't look like black sludge - ah the joys of Southend haha! You look lovely Gem!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures. I used to love holidays in Brecon and West Wales when I was little. Wales is so beautiful.

    Liz xx

    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look lovely, I wish I was near to a beach!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that t shirt gorgeous, you are totally making me love fred perry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures and I really love that top! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so lovely here! Adore this outfit :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go wrong with some Fred Perry! I've never even been to Wales, which I really should remedy soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely look, perfect for a getaway :) I really like the necklace and the tee!
    Have a nice Sunday!
    xoxo

    http://www.sparklyfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks gorgeous, really atmospheric. I love coastal walks, and I don't even mind if it's rough or rubbish weather, it all adds to the feel of the place! <3 Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.