Wagamama - Eat Club

By Gem - 20:10:00

I had the pleasure of sampling the new Summer menu and find out more about Eat Club courtesy of Wagamama at the Cardiff Library branch a couple of weeks ago. I'm always pleased to see new additions to the menu as I dine there pretty frequently and like to try new things.

If you have never been to wagamama before they are inspired by traditional Japanese ramen bars and Asian flavours. wagamama spans 17 countries with over 99 restaurants in the UK alone. They cook super fresh food and (in my opinion) offer a modern dining experience at an affordable price. It's always at the top of my list of places to go for lunch when I'm out shopping because everything is cooked fresh to order. Enough about the company, lets take a look at the food!

wagamama is excited to reveal a new menu offering shoppers something delicious to enjoy. With fresh juices for those on the go, steamed buns and gyozas for the peckish and innovative new mains to satisfy hungry shoppers after a day of retail therapy.

Martyn and I opted for some old favourites for our starters including the ebi katsu crispy fried prawns in panko breadcrumbs which come served with a spicy chilli and garlic sauce. These lasted about two minutes...

This is a picture of ebi katsu crispy fried prawns

This is a picture of stuffed tempura mushrooms & chilli squid

stuffed tempura mushrooms & chilli squid



One of the newest additions to the menu are the Omakase dishes, which simply means ‘trust the chef’ in Japanese. These five dishes have been carefully put together and selected by the head chefs of Wagamama from their most popular dishes, and made with a twist. Warm coconut seafood broth, marinated beef in a fragrant massaman curry sauce and tasty yakitori duck with zesty flavours are just some of the dishes to be enjoyed.

wagamama traditionalists need not fear, classic favourites such as katsu curry and prawn firecracker (my all time favourite) will remain firmly on the menu alongside other much-loved dishes. There is now the option to customise your dish so you can add extra chillies or take them out.

Beef massaman curry & teriyaki lamb
I enjoyed some marinated beef with sweet potatoes, shiitake mushrooms and baby aubergine in a mild, fragrant massaman curry sauce. It was a lot more subtle than my normal choice of firecracker   but I loved it. Martyn had the teriyaki lamb with mushrooms, asparagus, kale and mangetout served on a bed of soba noodles in a pea, herb and wasabi dressing which we would both have again.

Even though we were pretty full we couldn't leave without some dessert. We shared some taster sized pieces of the wagamama top sellers which was the perfect way to end the meal. 

This is a picture of dessert at Wagamama

We definitely recommend that you go in and try out something you may have never had before, especially something off of the Omakase section – the wagamama chef’s are ones you can truly trust, those guys know their flavours.

Wagamama is one of the restaurants in St David’s taking part in Eat Club, an exclusive online club. By joining Eat Club by St David’s you will get top foodie news, cooking inspiration, recipes and interviews with top chefs- straight to your inbox every month. To find out more and to sign up, visit www.stdavidscardiff.com/eat

I was invited to Wagamama as a guest

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. I love Wagamama but haven't been in ages :( The new menu looks delicious though - especially the teriyaki lamb! And the desserts just look too tempting not to squeeze in, even if you're super full!

    Milly // Mini Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wagamama is a favourite of mine too! In Plymouth theey have a lovely one right by the sea in Royal William Yard. My problem is that I love my favourites in there so much I never want to try something new, and I'm probably missing out on some incredible dishes! Alice xx

    www.woodenwindowsills.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a creature of habit and have the same thing everytime but the new menu looks lovely. Just another excuse to head there! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also stick to the same dish in Wagamama. The one time I tried something different it was too spicy for me! Must go and visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh crikey this post has made me SO hungry! I love the look of the Massaman curry. Will definitely have to check it out because I usually stick to the Katsu and it'd be good to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very nice and subtle, I love the raisakuree and fire cracker too. Trying to pick something new each time I go now xx

      Delete
  6. I like Wagamamas. My OH would like the idea of the omakase selection - I will have to tell him about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'M SORRY - THE WAGAMAMA EAT CLUB IS A THING?? #IWANTIN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literally drooling!!! I love Wagamama!!!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.