Walking in Wales Wishlist

By Gem - 08:30:00

It’s no secret that Martyn and I get up to some adventures together. From upcoming road trips to long walks in Wales, we love to get out there, taking advantage of gorgeous (and not so gorgeous) days by experiencing the beauty of nature. As I’m healing up, I thought it might be fun to take a look around and see what kind of items we would need to take a hike - literally. I blogged about my holiday in West Wales a few weeks ago, and I definitely think I could have been a bit more prepared for the journey, starting with better support on my feet!

12057921214_b28e9815de_k.jpg
At the top of Pen y Fan on a very windy day.

DSC_0265.JPG

Brecon Beacons
DSC_0605.JPG
Tresaith beach - West Wales

I made up a little list of things I need and things I’d love to have, if either we ever returned, or if we do something similar on one of our upcoming holidays. I tried to not get too crazy with the online window shopping, while also taking reviews to heart. Here’s what I came up with for at least one hiking outfit, taking care to pick things that could be easily layered, would keep the sweat at bay, but also keep me looking fab!


What are your essentials for a walk in the great British countryside?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Wow. What a beautiful place. I went to Wales last month but it was more of a foodie trip than much hiking! I've got some great walking boots and I go everywhere with them, even if it's just a walk around very flat Norfolk!

    Jx - www.love-norfolk.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning photos! I keep forgetting how close I am to Wales when I'm in the West Mids. The Brecon Beacons are really not that far away.
    As for what to wear hiking .... I have absolutely no idea. I'd go for good boots and layer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's the perfect place to spend the weekend exploring if you're in the Midlands. Come and visit this summer :)

      Delete
  3. I was in Wales earlier this month too as we have a van in Snowdonia, it is just so spectacularly beautiful and your photographs are amazing. Lovely post.

    #UKBloggers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some gorgeous photos! I haven't been to Wales in ages, but certainly remember taking the little train up to the top of Snowdon. I must go back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You should! Pop in to Hay on Wye too, perfect for an afternoon of book shopping.

      Delete
  6. Photos look beautiful! But Nike have an incredibly poor record with child labour and poor working conditions in manufacturing. Wouldn't wish for any of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up, I'll do a bit of reading on the subject.

      Delete
  7. wow great pics! I belive the views had to be amazing. Good and warm clothing is A MUST , thanks for sharing your recommendations!

    Xx

    Dominika from mycupofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great pictures... I'd love to go back to the Brecon Beacons, I used to go a lot as a kid and I remember it being beautiful x

    Distract Me Now Please

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.