Outfit post - New Look Denim

By Gem - 19:00:00

Jacket: Topshop - Scarf: eBay - Shoes: Leather Converse - Jumper: H&M - Jeans: c/o New Look

Glamarous back alley photos, you can take the girl out of the Valleys...

I'M WEARING JEANS, do NOT be alarmed. I have to admit these took some getting used to. As a fully payed up member of the Dresses and Skirts Only Club (fictional ;) ) I feel like I'm betraying the dress sisterhood but these jeans are super comfortable and they got the Martyn seal of approval after I did a little spin around in them. I'll never turn my back on my beloved dresses but jeans definitely keep your legs warmer than 40 denier tights so I'll be wearing these a lot whilst the temperatures are close to zero. I like to think the ripped jeans compliment my really rock and roll image. I mean, it doesn't get much more rock and roll than a library assistant who likes to bake and dance to Taylor Swift, right?

I wore this on the weekend when Martyn took me for a long Sunday drive up to the Brecon Beacons (you can see some photos here) to admire the views and have a mini in-car picnic and I shocked everyone in work last week by wearing trousers for the first time in four years. I've only really paired them with a classic stripey top and comfortable trainers so far but I'm looking forward to trying out some different looks with jeans.

As someone who only owns one pair of jeans I need your advice, what should I wear these with next?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love new look jeans they are my 2nd favourite to River island jeans. They're super comfy I just wish that they offered more high waisted options.
    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling you in the jeans Gem. I've been wearing them non stop as it's so bloody cold lately! I love a duster coat with my jeans - makes me feel a little more dressed up!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, hang on. Why is the Dresses and SKirts club only fiction?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Lets make it happen for real.

      Delete
  4. The jeans really suit you and I want your scarf!

    Jaye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Look jeans rule, their supersoft skinnies are what broke my dresses-only habit. I wear mine with cute jumpers teamed with a Peter Pan collar blouse underneath (and also with the classic Breton tee, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally love wearing jeans with heels and a cute simple top. I'm usually all for wearing dresses but when it's way too cold outside, jeans are definitely my go to choice!

    I'm loving the jacket as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the jacket is an old favourite of mine. Had it for years now :)

      Delete
  7. A really cute look and it really suits you! I love the necklace and scarf x

    ReplyDelete
  8. ANYTHING!

    such is the beauty of jeans and why you never see me out of mine.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started to wear trousers for the first time about 15 months ago so I know how strange you must have felt wearing jeans. I also got gasps of astonishment when I first wore trousers to the office!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.