Esprit New Year Wishlist

By Gem - 23:12:00

I'm not going to make any bold and unrealistic goals for the new year but the one thing I've promised myself that I'll achieve is looking a bit more polished in 2015. I've become stuck in a style rut and I've really not been making the effort recently. I'm just throwing on dresses that I know fit me well and are work appropriate but not spending time on picking out a few accessories that make the outfit stand out or trying new trends and experimenting. I've been buying lots of Joules and Boden recently and whilst they make some great stuff I don't think I'm quite at that middle class mother/yummy mummy stage of my life yet.

In my bid to look more chic I've been scouring the internet and found a store that stocks up to a size 18 (I get so frustrated when brands stock 8-14) and has loads of basic items which can be mixed with more statement pieces. Esprit is a fashion brand that blends creativity and responsibility fused with a sunny Californian attitude. Effortless style, authenticity and easy-going living are at the heart of the brand philosophy. There is loads of laid-back tailoring, hand-crafted and responsible production. 

The Esprit webshop has 12 collections per year and over 70 new styles every day! I've spent waaaay too long on there website and found a few items I'm coveting for my own wardrobe. 


imitation leather satchel £ 55.00
skirt with a draped front £ 29.00
fine knit jumper with cashmere + a choker £ 39.99

The first outfit is work appropriate but also great for family dinners or going out at the weekend. I love the bold colour skirt, detail on the jumper and bag big enough to fit my make up bag, packed lunch and all the other junk I like to carry with me.


two tone jacquard skirt with waist pleats £ 39.00
imitation leather biker jacket £ 29.99

fashion ankle boots with stretchy inlay £ 59.00

fine crepe top with a jersey back £ 29.00

The second outfit is also work appropriate but I would also wear this to a gig and add a splash of colour with some red lipstick and my gold Zatchels bag. Items from both outfits could be mixed together and I would feel comfortable in them but also feel like I had made an effort.

Do you find it hard to look polished? What are your goals for 2015?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the second combo! :) I'm a huge fan of the monochrome trend!


    creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second outfit is just gorgeous! Not something I'd wear in an office, but defo for any other occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both outfits. Esprit isn't somewhere I would normally shop but I'll definitely be popping in there more often x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely selection of outfits, they all coordinate well with the bag, shoes and accessories.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.