Torquay

By Gem - 15:20:00

It's the first time in about six years that I haven't gone to Reading Festival and apart from not seeing Pulp I don't regret it at all. I'm getting far too old for all that malarkey now. I could possibly manage a very tame festival like Latitude at a push. This year I spent my bank holiday weekend in Torquay with my lovely friends Sarah, Kaye and Katilea.(hi girls!! they read my blog)  Sarah's parents were very kind and let us stay in their caravan and eat all their pringles and caramelised onion dip. We were very lucky with the weather, it was glorious all weekend. I really want to go back next summer and visit a few other places down there like Newquay and Exeter.

Here are some (loads) of the photos from the trip-

Me and Kaye were supposed to be looking at directions on her iPhone in the back of the car but we were too busy eating and taking photos which resulted in us taking a bit of a detour and adding half an hour on our journey, ha!


 Squint!
 Brixham
 Cuthbert the Crab
Hanging out on Torquay beach.
Mmm cream tea, had to have one in Devon.
 I took my instax away with me and had a little play around with it, not quite sure how to use it properly yet but I'm going to take it to Sarah's wedding in a few weeks time and try again. There is a flash and a light and dark button and that's about it for functions and features. Anyone know good sites for instax tips?
 They came out quite nice... I think.

Thank you for all the tips you left me on here and twitter for places to visit. I hope your bank holiday weekend was as lovely as mine. What have you been up to?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. Your pics are lovely =]

    I'm glad you had a nice bank holiday weekend!
    It wasn't a bank holiday here in Ireland unfortunately...

    I would love a day or two playing on the beach =]

    Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lovely time :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a fun time :)
    I want to go to Torquay again, we went once a couple of years ago and it rained the whole time which ruined it a bit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know what you mean about fests! I haven't been to Reading in 2 years now... I have been to Lattitude once, it was really good but there are tons of kids ( i mean small kids, toddlers!) during the day which can get a bit annoying xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an ideal girl getaway. I hear ya about the festivals, I loved going to them when I was a teenager but as an adult I feel a bit like hiding.

    Wow at Brixham, very pretty. Look at that little camera, love it!

    <3Honeysuckelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! :)
    I sold my Reading ticket because I feel too old too haha. I also have a bad back and didn't want to make it any worse being shoved around in a crowd! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, looks like such a lovely little break. I desperately want an Instax. Do you think it's worth it? Your snaps look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The camera was about £20 on ebay and you can get 2x10 pack films for £11 on 7dayshop. Such a fun camera!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cream tea! <3
    you just have to do it, don't you? :)
    looks lovely! im so jealous ^_^
    Rosie xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is actually the cutest camera ever! :) (especially love the lab shot, n'awww). Torquay looks gorgeous! I've never been but I definitely agree with you on being "past L&R" now, when you're too old for tent burning I think that's that ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww looks like you had fun, and your instax pics are great, very cute. Good luck today! Gimme a text or email when you know!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home
    New Blog - The Daily Swoon - 1st September
    New Group blog - The Penthouse Clan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow looks like you had great weather - it rained all weekend in Manchester (no change there then!). Now I'm too old for Leeds fest I go to Indietracks - very small & polite and much more relaxing .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've just convinced me that I need an Instax! Your photos look amazing, I think you've figured out how to use it perfectly! Looks like you had a lovely weekend away too... that cream tea has made me hungry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just spent the last week in Paignton (just along the bay from Torquay) and had such a lovely time. We went to Exeter for the day too and it is a lovely city. Would definitely recommend you go if you find yuorself in that part of the country again.

    Great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the polaroid pics!! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww so glad you had a great time! I love the pictures

    L x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like you had a great time, you can't visit Devon and not have a cream tea! I went to uni in Exeter so love it round there, so many great little places for day trips! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi!!
    I really like your blog,
    I follow you :D
    ... maybe if you want, you could visit my blog too, and if you like it, follow me back ;)
    Kisses!
    http://modacapitalblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.