My North Coast 500 Scottish Honeymoon Wishlist

By Gem - 18:34:00


Whilst I am incredibly excited about my upcoming wedding (only 41 days to go!) I'm equally as excited about the honeymoon Martyn, Coco and myself will be heading off on the day after the wedding.

There's nothing quite like the freedom of the long open road and this is why we have chosen to embark on a Scottish highland adventure - taking in Scotland's finest coastal scenery on the epic North Coast 500. The NC500 is Scotland's answer to Route 66 and starts in Inverness, weaves its way along the coast taking in Ullapool, Caithness and John o' Groats before heading south again through Dingwall and finally back to Inverness.

I'm certainly not going to need bikinis or floaty summer dresses for this honeymoon - I'll have to be far more practical and pack layers for the changeable British weather. I'm hoping the trip will be filled with romantic walks along the north coast of Scotland, lots of cosy nights in the camper van reading a book with hot chocolate and sitting outside gazing up at the stars (with Coco on my lap) enjoying some of my favourite tipple - Scottish gin. 


SaveSave
1. Eden Mill  - Love Gin
I'm a big fan of Eden Mill gin and have already own a few bottles but this light blush pink gin would be a great addition to my gin collection and it would be rude not to indulge in some Scottish gin whilst I'm in Scotland, right? It is blended with local botanicals and exotic fruits.

2. Regatta Samaris Mid Boots
These walking boots will be ideal for strolls along the coast with Martyn and Coco and rambling across the rugged Highland landscape. 

3. Enamel mugs 
I love an enamel mug, not only are they really cute they keep your cuppa nice and warm and can withstand a few bumps and drops. These mugs from MenKind make a perfect Mr&Mrs pair. 

4. Travel journal 
I've been scrapbooking for a long time and love to keep gig tickets, train ticks and photos from my travels and pop them in a scrapbook to look over and reminisce and to keep all these bits safe. I've got a feeling I'm going to take 1000+ photos on my honeymoon so I'll need a dedicated scrapbook. This one from Paperchase is the perfect size for a single trip. 

5. Entertainment
I'll be taking an external hard drive filled with movies and box sets to watch in the camper van just in case it rains but I've also been looking for some reading material for days on the beach and for the long drive from South Wales to Scotland. I've picked up plenty of guide books and touring maps to plan my trip but I also fancy some fiction set in Scotland. I've just ordered the first Outlander book but I would appreciate some Scottish fiction recommendations in the comment section if you have any.

6. Practical clothing
I've treated myself to a couple of new dresses which will be great for days when we pass through towns or are going for a pub lunch but I'm looking for a few practical items to layer up when it gets cold at night. I'll be getting a few hooded tops like the lovely pastel one above from Simply Be, some fleece lined leggings and comfy jumpers. 

I better start making a packing list! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Your honeymoon sounds absolutely incredible! If I was to ever get married and have a honeymoon, I'd definitely opt for more of an adventure style holiday too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trip around Scotland sounds like a wonderful honeymoon, it's nice to see adventure honeymoons and not always pretty beach ones x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great honeymoon, Gin would be the top of my list and that hoodie looks nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those boots look mega comfortable for walking holidays! What a great honeymoon idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mums Scottish and I take for granted how beautiful the highlands are must visit more often

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! How exciting for you. I bet you'll all have a fantastic time in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Honeymoon sounds great, some lovely items on your wishlist. I love the notebook and cute mugs! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your honeymoon is going to be amazing, Scotland is so beautiful!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing. It sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.