First Christmas in the new house

By Gem - 22:04:00

I didn't leave the house for three days over Christmas and it was absolute bliss. Martyn and I don't have a large family to dash around and visit or who expect us to eat separate dinners with them on Christmas Day. We did the rounds on Christmas Eve, delivering presents and visiting Sookie so we were able to have a relaxed Christmas and Boxing Day on our own in our new home for the first time. 

As we were't expecting any visitors I didn't get up until about 9am and didn't feel the need to get really dressed up. As is traditional in my house we had a full fry up for brunch and a late dinner at around 4/5pm. It's tiring enough just cooking a Christmas dinner, I don't know some of you cope driving around all day visiting relatives. 



I was so pleased with how festive the house felt and I felt really content in my home, pottering about, making dinner and celebrating Christmas with the one I love in a really low key way. The only thing that would have made it better would be a little fur baby, I'm dying to get a puppy to complete my little family. 



The only real extravagance of the day was prosecco with Chambord (I had a few glasses whilst cooking dinner) and goose fat roasties instead of my regular Aunt Bessies.  I was spoilt rotten by friends and family and received some gifts that I know I will treasure. I didn't spend my Christmas Day online shopping for sale items as I was far too engrossed in watching Harry Potter and Star Wars but I do have my eye on this bar cart and I'm going to treat myself to it with some vouchers I received. 


I had lots of brilliant new board games for Christmas including The Great Game of Britain which compliments my other railway game Ticket to Ride really well. The Great Game of Britain is a nostalgic race around the historic railway networks of Britain. The aim is to be the first commuter to travel from London to each of your mystery destinations and back again. Watching out for station closures and hazards along the way. I highly recommend this game, it is great for a family or just two players and may result in a few tantrums and tears like all the best games do.



I've enjoyed relaxing in my fluffy robe and drinking chocolate Baileys like it's going out of fashion but I'm back in work now and so sad it's all over for another year... I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have amazing plans for 2017, make it your best one yet!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous festive time was had! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to do this! I can't wait until we can spend Christmas just the two of us in our own place :) Love your festive straws!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the perfect Christmas day. I keep asking Thomas if we can have Christmas just the two of us at home one year - but with my family in Yorkshire and his in Glasgow, it makes it really difficult to see anyone if we stay in Leicester.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds wonderful! I would have loved some peace and quiet but we had two excitable kids who believe in the magic of Father Christmas, which was wonderful in it's own crazy way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had such a lovely Christmas, such lovely decorations & that Lindy Bop skirt is so cute! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.