That time everyone came to Wales...

By Gem - 17:59:00

This is a photo of Caerleon in Wales

I can't believe it's been just over four years since I attended my first ever blogger meet up in Birmingham. I made some friends that weekend that have been a big part of my life since and if Claire hadn't organised it I might not be here blogging today because as much as I love blogging I've mainly stuck at it for 5 years because I like to interact with all the friends I met online.  It was lovely for the gang to come and visit me at my home in Wales, we normally meet in the Midlands because it is central for everyone but the time had come to show off my lovely home country. 



Backpack buddies

We didn't do anything too strenuous or try and pack in loads of sightseeing. After a night of movies and Welsh cheese and cakes we headed out for a stroll in my local area. We took in the Roman attractions in Caerleon, hanging around the amphitheatre and scoffing some pizza in The Snug. Talking about rude topics a bit too loudly and having prosecco with lunch because why the hell not?! 


This is a picture of an afternoon tea with cake and scones and cucumber sandwiches

I went a bit OTT on the afternoon party nibbles, I was baking like a woman possessed the night before everyone arrived and made about 30 scones even though there were only a handful of us ( I was eating leftovers for days after) I do love an excuse to get my pretty tea cups out and go a bit bunting crazy. My confetti print bits and bobs come from DotComGiftshop and all my cake stands are charity shop finds.


I had set up the garden for a afternoon tea party but sometimes you just need to snuggle on the sofa under a blanket and do a quote-along with Mean Girls right? After taking all the cake inside and settling down we drank thoroughly British beverages like Pimms and tea and didn't move from the sofa all night. Who needs a night out? I might prefer a night in my PJs having a good natter. I'm getting old.


Sarah, Sophie, Maria, Claire & Katy, I bloody love you guys! Thank you for a wonderful weekend.

I'm in the car going to Tenby for a birthday camping trip as I type this. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Big shout out to everyone hanging out with their girl gangs this weekend. My blogger girl gang rules! 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. Hope you had a wonderful birthday Gem, enjoy camping!
    Looks like a lovely weekend with the girls :) I love blogging for the friends, it's the best bit about blogging that's for sure!
    Miss Pond | Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bloody love my blogger girl gang :) Best blogging perk ever xx

      Delete
  2. Nice trip! Looks like you all have a great day!

    Love from http://www.artweddings.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! And the cakes look delicious, haha. :)
    theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a lovely weekend!


    My Sentimental Heart

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for having us, it was SUCH a lovely weekend and you were an amazing host!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, this looks like such a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a lovely idea that you always still get together. Looks like you had a great time. The pics are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had a great time. That victoria sponge looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely looking weekend! Love the Pimms jar and the confetti print cups, so so cute!

    Lottie xx

    lottielamour.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, I have made some great friends blogging and I hope soon we can meet up just like you all have. Have a great weekend camping!

    Georgia x

    Georgia Petite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Georgia :) I always look forward to meeting up my my blog mates, so glad I went to Birmingham 4 years ago even though I had never met anyone before x

      Delete
  11. It sounds like such fun! I'm glad you have a great group of blogger buddies!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.