Moroccanoil Treatment Review

By Gem - 10:23:00

I've always been really keen to try out Moroccan Oil due to its cult status within the haircare world. It has won numerous awards and was a Cosmopolitan Beauty Award winner in 2011 and Vogues Beauty Editors Award -stand out product of the year and star performer 2010.


So what does the oil claim to do? Its a very light hair oil treatment that helps add natural looking weightless shine to all hair types. It protects the your hair from the suns UV rays, general air pollution and it also helps restore and keep your hairs natural shine factor. So it should be great for coloured or chemically treated hair types. It also claims to reduce hair drying time by up to 50% and helps to detangle hair.

No wonder Moroccan Oil is one of the most wanted hair products but does it live up to the hype?

a picture of moroccan oil treatment


I tried the 25ml bottle of MoroccanOil thanks to Amazing Hair which retails for £12.85 and the 100ml normally retails for £30.45 but they currently have a 125ml bottle for the same price including p&p.  The 25ml bottle would make a great travel size bottle and fits in my overnight toiletries bag perfectly. 

Would I spend £30+ on a bottle of oil once this has been used? Yes. 

To use the product I place a 5 pence size amount on my fingertips and massage through the ends of my freshly washed hair, blow-dry and finish as usual. This oil doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky and it doesn't leave a residue in the hair either. been using the oil for over two weeks now and it leaves my hair smoother, free from tangles and without the weight some products give. My hair feels much stronger, smells great and has more of a natural shine. I can definitely tell when I have forgotten to use this product as my hair takes much longer to dry and looks very dull. It's a great product to take away with you because it can be used as a styling product, but also as a deep conditioning treatment or a finishing serum.

moroccan oil

Have you tried MoroccanOil? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I've been tempted by this for a while so I think I'm going to give it a go after your positive review! I'm growing my hair and noticed it looking a tad dry lately...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is rather good, just sent you a tweet.

      Delete
  2. I've been so tempted by this for ages. I've never used a hair oil before!
    Sophie
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got some of this o try, proper excited to use it now! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may hair looks so much better and smells good too!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment, feel free to ask me any questions here or on twitter- @Gemma_DS.